Windows 7 what the hell is going on?????????

santheman

what the hell is going on i did have (for a short time) windows 7 ult & windows XP Pro on my computer
That started to play up so i reinstalled windows 7 on a clean fresh drive on its own everythin was hunky doory.... got a good copy of ubuntu 9.10 from the origanal website stuck it on a disc installed it inside windows.... great everythins goin well THEN FLICKER FLICKER FLICKER constant when ubuntu loads up i cant even see anythin or do anythin but tyurn the computer off....windows is fine tho....i have a nvidia geforce fx 5700le (can i take out the nvidia use my onboard graphics , maybe get the settings or drivers for the nvidia then put it back in?????) will this work
thanks

This is a generally a windows 7 forum. I am sure ubuntu forum will help you out if you post it there.
Although i would tell you, installing ubuntu through wubi, is not that great (through windows). You cant hibernate neither can you write to disk at a much faster rate. I know they will recommend that you install ubuntu on seprate partition with / mount and SWAP.

Try accessing the command version of ubuntu, before it loads up. Then update it using sudo commands. i beleive they are;
sudo apt-update
sudo apt-install

You might wanna check up the commands before though. And also check up how to load command only ubuntu. I know somehow you can, accessing root without loading the GUI.

As i said before, i dont think many people will be able to help you out. I am sure you will find lot more information on the ubuntu forums or their IRC channel.

Kaiser is right about using wubi. It is best to create an ext3 partition as well as a swap partition and install Ubuntu there.
You will then have a dual boot computer.
Here is a link to the Ubuntu forums.

Ubuntu Forums

Back
Top Bottom