Windows 11: What the hell is Microsoft thinking? (RANT)

Ralph Bromley

Fantastic Member
I am predicting this now: Windows 11 will be the worst Microsoft OS since Vista and 8, and it's all because of 11's stupid requirements.
Really Microsoft what the hell are you thinking, cutting off all processors made before 2017 all based on stupid requirements no one asked for.
TPM is a joke, really it is, as the only thing it really does is stop keyloggers, which is something you can do inside the OS if you knew how.
It doesn't stop malware, or viruses or ransomware and as secure as a motorbike protected by a keychain.
And ask any Linux user how much security secure boot offers, hello on Linux now with secure boot, bite me Microsoft.
The only reason Microsoft is doing this is to sell people new computers, they are desperate for money and think doing this will lure people to new machines in fear of their current machines being obsolete, it's a scam and I will not stand for it and nether should you.
If I were the Windows community I would let as many people know that this is a scam, and that there are alternatives that are not Macs.
Like I dunno... Linux's mint, it's free, easy to use and a 5-year-old can use it, it works for most hardware and if you don't need overpriced software like photoshop or games it's fine.
Or sticking it to Microsoft and dualboot with Windows 10 and only use windows once every so often in protest.
Lets show Microsoft not to fuck around with its users.

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
I am not a Linux user, but have to agree 100%

I have become over suspicious of the good intentions ( :cool: ) of MS on this subject.
I have been able to install and examine one of the most recent builds. I could see nothing new. Many items had been moved around and their icons brightened up. Other than that ???

I ran a few amateur comparisons with an identical laptop. I am using Office 2016. Other than that, I only have the "built in" items installed...
I should add that I chose to keep my own software and settings and, further, this was on an incompatible (?)Laptop - CPU wise, and 1.2 tpm.
First comment, in spite of lacking those so called essential features, it ran smoothly.

Office 2016 and all its many functions ran at pretty much the same speed, as did such items as Paint..etc.

Undoubtedly, with the MS recommended CPU etc, these items would run faster, as they would with or without the help of Windows 11.
I have always been a fan of MS, but, this time, I am deeply suspicious of their real intentions!
It is no secret that MS have big investments in one or two of the computer manufacturers. The average, enthusiastic users all over the world will be heading off to the store to buy new motherboards or computers. -- And . with Windows being free for most, guess who has found another way to continue to count the dollars rolling in??

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
They could be crumbling under the complaints?
I am on the insider channels. Previously, it said that my computer was incompatible with windows 11 and it could not be installed.

The wording has quietly and subtly been changed:

1626252842848.png

Neemobeer

Cyber Security Engineer
Staff member
Pretty sure the minimum requirements were never meant to be a finalized requirement set. Yes Windows 11 will work on gen 7 CPUs.

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
Pretty sure the minimum requirements were never meant to be a finalized requirement set. Yes Windows 11 will work on gen 7 CPUs.
Yep. Fingers crossed that is correct. In my case, in my previous post, I did not have secure boot enabled and also, as said, only 1.2 tpm. I can install windows 11 without any tricks - so far.

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Windows 11 will be the worst Microsoft OS since Vista and 8, and it's all because of 11's stupid requirements.
Well I am looking at it with an open mind, but I had no problem with the existing taskbar. I mean to me this is essentially Windows 10 21H2 with UI modifications... I am not really looking to upgrade everything to it right now.

Edit: Also it would be hard to knock out Vista or 8 as the worst given what it was upon release. If anything calling it Windows 11 is clever marketing so +1 for that I guess.

CeriumOxide

I am predicting this now: Windows 11 will be the worst Microsoft OS since Vista and 8, and it's all because of 11's stupid requirements.
Really Microsoft what the hell are you thinking, cutting off all processors made before 2017 all based on stupid requirements no one asked for.
TPM is a joke, really it is, as the only thing it really does is stop keyloggers, which is something you can do inside the OS if you knew how.
It doesn't stop malware, or viruses or ransomware and as secure as a motorbike protected by a keychain.
And ask any Linux user how much security secure boot offers, hello on Linux now with secure boot, bite me Microsoft.
The only reason Microsoft is doing this is to sell people new computers, they are desperate for money and think doing this will lure people to new machines in fear of their current machines being obsolete, it's a scam and I will not stand for it and nether should you.
If I were the Windows community I would let as many people know that this is a scam, and that there are alternatives that are not Macs.
Like I dunno... Linux's mint, it's free, easy to use and a 5-year-old can use it, it works for most hardware and if you don't need overpriced software like photoshop or games it's fine.
Or sticking it to Microsoft and dualboot with Windows 10 and only use windows once every so often in protest.
I totally agree

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
Certainly not the worst, but the most unsuccessful, as few users will be able to install it!
But, current gossip, you might be out of date. It looks like the requirements to install are being relaxed.

Interlocutor1980

Be Optimistic...