Windows 7 when laptop is on battery, display goes bad

tnzabo

Installed Windows 7 last week and realized that unless the laptop is plugged in, I cannot read the display. It looks almost like it's brightness/contrast gets put on the highest level and I cannot make anything out. Sometimes it will fade back to correct if I don't have any programs running, as soon as i click the start button bam, all funky again. Basically cannot use it unless the laptop is plugged in.

I have a dell Latitude D410. I've checked for updated video drivers and I have the latest. the display adapter is a Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
tnzabo

Hi tnzabo,

I had the same problem myself on a Latitude D410. The issue is a power saving option with the Intel graphics driver.

To fix the setting right click on the Desktop and select "Gaphics Properties". In the Intel GMA Driver window click on Display Settings then on the Power Settings button. In the Power Settings window uncheck Intel(R) Display Power Saving Technology then click OK.

Best to do the above steps while plugged into power otherwise you won't be able to read what you are doing.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

Awesome!! That did the trick! I was looking around the Windows Power settings thinking that had something to do with it but didn't realize the driver had a setting as well. Thanks So much!!

tnzabo

Back
Top Bottom