Windows 7 White icons after installing programes

scottishriver

please can someone help me i am pulling my hair out,recently i installed dreamweaver cs5 on my laptop for college all went well until a week ago when i went to click on to dreamweaver and the icons had turned white and i could not open it up so i uninstalled it and installed again everything was fine until i restarted and back to the same i also noticed my paint.net icon had turned white too but when i tried in safe mode all is fine.
i have tried everything the last thing is to reinstall windows which i really dont want to do.
Hope somone can help there is a drink for anyone that can help;)

Has the paint icon been there the whole time? Is that a link to a website?

If you right click one of the dreamweaver icons and select open with, what does it show as a program? If it doesn't show anything, can you browse to the dreamweaver .exe file and select it to open then choose "always use"?

I will assume all your other icons are normal.. The fact is only happens in normal mode probably means something is starting up that is overriding or changing the icon relationship.

thanks for your reply saltgrass i got really pissed of earlier and just saved everything and reinstalled windows but thanks for your suggestions mate

Back