Windows 7 Why you should say no to Windows 8 and stick with Windows 7.

I think that someone should write a tutorial on this forum showing step by step instructions on how to create recovery disks and back up your operating system for beginners. As that would help limited experienced users like me who don't understand the articles on the web.

But obviously I could not write it because I don't know how to do this myself. I really don't. I have not got a clue. Andrea Borman.

There are many differnt ways to do it and it would be at least a part time job to do that. The best is always going to be installing the OS from scratch and doing your best to keep it from going south in the first place. This will be by getting AV and maleware protection. That would be the first two steps I would suggest. To be a power user you have to lean these little things first, then you can go on to bigger and better things. This all ties into the thought of dont expect to be spoon feed the answers.

Well there is no way I am going to be able to know how to back up my operating system, or create a recovery disk unless someone shows me. And shows me the easy way at that. And my friends don't know how to either.

And I don't want to download software from the internet that you have to pay for to do it either. Andrea Borman.

Well then you are SOMFL. You can either buy software that will do it for you, learn from someone that knows how to do it or learn how to do it yourself.

Being that you are shooting down every idea with the "I don't know" exscuse the third is out.
With my precious statement, there is no wonder you dont hvae friends that can do it.
So that leaves you at either pay for software or not be able to do it.

It is a simple mathimatical equation. X^3>(x-1)(x^2-1)(x^3-1) if x=1

Okay so that may be a streach, but it was still funny if I do say so myself.

Andrea, for starters: If you have an HP netbook, have a look at Link Removed - Invalid URL. Never mind that is says Vista. The principle is the same for Win7. If you have another make netbook, we will find that too.

Once you are done with that, we will address system backup.

Y'all exhibit the strength of Jobe. But, sure is special following the epic saga... such chuckles & giggles are always treasures to have :rofl::ahaha:

Ride On!

Y'all exhibit the strength of Jobe. But, sure is special following the epic saga... such chuckles & giggles are always treasures to have :rofl::ahaha:

Ride On!

Yeah...sure beats the monotony of working...never realised things could be so entertaining in 'Cloud Cuckoo Land'.
May have to go down to the supermarket and stock up on 'Reality' pills.

Reality? What? You reckon some of what some say isn't quite in sync w/ reality? Hey, @ least the rest of us have a proper grasp on the realities of IT; including some of its End Users :wink_smile:

Well the one advantage of not knowing how to install operating systems, is that I won't be able to install the dreaded Windows 8 by mistake.

So that is another reason not to install Windows 8. But I am going to stock up on as many computers as I can 10 or maybe 20. To avoid being stuck with the dreaded Windows 8 in the future, if they stop making Windows 7.

I will do everything possible to avoid Windows 8. And I suggest that other Windows users do the same. Andrea Borman.

:rofl: OMG you are going to make me piss my pants OMG :rofl:

I cannot believe that you just said so "I wont install the wrong OS by mistake". Can any one smell the rock she is smoking? With that it is obvious that you have got a lot to learn. There is no way that I can see to install any OS by accident or mistake.

Ahhhh..Andrea Andrea Andrea.....you win...you are without doubt, Queen of the Trolls and we all accede to your original demands as in the letter at post #32.

I have this minute written to Gorge Bush and Margaret Thatcher, on behalf of yourself, demanding a stop to all development of Win8 ,and that furthermore, all copies of Win8 DE are to be delivered to #10 Downing Street for ceremonial burning (as in Witches...you would be familiar with the concept)

An invitation to the burning will be sent to you once all copies are assembled.

Last edited:
Ahhhh..Andrea Andrea Andrea.....you win...you are without doubt, Queen of the Trolls and we all accede to your original demands as in the letter at post #32.

I have this minute written to Gorge Bush and Margaret Thatcher, on behalf of yourself, demanding a stop to all development of Win8 ,and that furthermore, all copies of Win8 DE are to be delivered to #10 Downing Street for ceremonial burning (as in Witches...you would be familiar with the concept)

An invitation to the burning will be sent to you once all copies are assembled.

Here is the letter which I think all Windows users should write to their Presidents and Prime Ministers,so that they can ban Windows 8.

" Dear President/Prime Minister,(President or Prime Ministers name) I understand that Microsoft are going to bring out Windows 8 and it is already out in developers preview. And I understand that Microsoft are not going to make Windows 8 like the other versions of Windows,7,Vista and XP. And I am writing to ask you to do something to prevent Microsoft bringing out this Windows 8.

As you may have seen on the Internet,Windows 8 is going to be made like an I Pad or Mac desktop but something much more complicated than both.
As a result myself and other Windows users and also my office workers will no longer be able to use a computer. As I and my employees and family and friends and even more experienced computer users,only know how to use a Windows with a normal desktop and Windows start menu,not the tiled theme,that Microsoft have called the Metro theme. And a different operating system completely.

I understand also that if Microsoft brings out Windows 8 on sale that retailers will stop selling Windows 7 as they already stopped selling Windows Vista and Windows XP against the public's wishes.And that if this happens I and other home and office computer users will be forced to buy and use Windows 8. Which I,my family,friends and employees will not be able to use due to the complicated operating system and different and difficult to meet hardware requirements.

Therefore Windows 8 will have a devastating effect on myself,my family and friends and other office companies if Microsoft bring out this operating system. As it will mean I,and other people and other company offices will no longer be able to use a computer.And businesses will suffer as a result of this operating system,Windows 8.As most businesses and companies depend on being able to use the computer and computers.Which nobody will be able to use if Windows 7 is stopped replaced with Windows 8.

Please could you take action to stop Microsoft getting rid Windows 7 and other versions of Windows and replacing it with Windows 8.Yours Sincerely- "

If enough people protested to their governments about Windows 8,then Windows 8 will be banned from the market and we will all be safe with Windows 7.

And we might even get Windows XP,Windows Vista and Windows 2000,98 and 95 back on the market again. Which are all NORMAL Windows operating systems. Not this Windows 8. Windows 8 is THE OPERATING SYSTEM THAT NOBODY CAN USE. Andrea Borman.

The above is from my earlier post on page 4 of this thread. Microsoft have made it clear to us that they are not going to make Windows 8 with a normal Windows 7 start menu and desktop. So this writing the the President or Prime Minister may be the only way to stop the dreaded Windows 8 going out on sale. As they can ban Windows 8. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
You still have yet to make your point on why the OS is not usable. We have disproved your ideas that:

there is not start menu
there is no desktop
no software will run on it
it is difficult to navigate
it is not user friendly like XP/Vista/7

So untill you can give, at least me solid hard proof why it is so bad, that letter is a waste of time.

Well,you only have to look at the operating system to see that it is not like the other versions of Windows.

Just look at the videos on You Tube and you will see that everyone who has tried Windows 8 cannot use it.

And it is not like the other versions of Windows. It has no start menu and the Metro theme instead of a normal desktop. Is that not enough?

So Windows 8 is-THE OPERATING SYSTEM THAT NOBODY CAN USE. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
Damn the videos on youtube, I don't need them. I have used 8 and would still be running 8 on my main machine if it wasn't for the Games for Windows Live issue.

How many differnt ways do we have to say this,

There is a desktop like any other Windows release.

hay un escritorio como cualquier otra versión de Windows.

そこには、プレスリリースのように他の Windows のデスクトップである。
데스크톱이 다른 창과 마찬가지.
javascript:;javascript:;
Há uma desktop como qualquer outra Windows release.
Есть места на рабочем столе как любой другой Windows освобождения.

وهناك نظرية أخرى مثل أي إصدار ويندوز.

Stop listening to idiots that tell you any different. There is a desktop, it has a start button, it has a taskbar. No tweaking or changing is required to use it, itis there by default. The Metro tiled view is what is going to replace the now pop out menu style start menu. That is all that is, is just a modified start menu. Modified to take up the entire screen. It can be turned off, a simple registry edit and it will be turned off. There are plenty of people that have made simple applications to do that for you, easy enough to get, any one on this forum can get you their prefered version. Use that and there is no difference in 7 and 8. It runs the same, looks the same, acts the same, is the same.

If you want to be good with computers, you have got to start understanding this simple stuff. This is the childs play kind of stuff we deal with everyday. I will even go so far as to say that you probly should think about taking up a different hobby. Computers is just not your thing.

Back
Top Bottom