Wi-Fi disco & print jobs not working

Axel PC

Honorable Member
Can ya'll help me narrow down what could be the issue here please? The wife's work laptop is a Samsung Samsung ATIV Book 4 here are the specs but with Windows 10 on it. Specs - Laptops NP470R5E | Samsung PCs
Issues
1. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting. It will show that it's connected to the router but it will also show "no internet." And sometimes it will show that it's connected with "connected" showing but websites wont' load.

2. Printing: The print will show that it's connected to the laptop but in the print queue the print job is on waiting and won't print. This problem is intermittent.

I'm guessing it's a driver issue maybe? It's up to date on Windows Update. The only AV is Windows Defender. Firefox is the browser and it's the current version. So any suggestions would be great thanks community!

Can ya'll help me narrow down what could be the issue here please? The wife's work laptop is a Samsung Samsung ATIV Book 4 here are the specs but with Windows 10 on it. Specs - Laptops NP470R5E | Samsung PCs
Issues
1. Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting. It will show that it's connected to the router but it will also show "no internet." And sometimes it will show that it's connected with "connected" showing but websites wont' load.

2. Printing: The print will show that it's connected to the laptop but in the print queue the print job is on waiting and won't print. This problem is intermittent.

I'm guessing it's a driver issue maybe? It's up to date on Windows Update. The only AV is Windows Defender. Firefox is the browser and it's the current version. So any suggestions would be great thanks community!

__

Did you try another computer or even a tablet or phone on that WiFi to verify the WiFi, or the router or the internet connection is actually not at fault?
This could also be the WiFi transceiver in the laptop is at fault. Need to do process if elimination to determine where the fault is in order to correct it.

To confirm that there is no interference problem since it is a WiFi connection try setting up another frequency. For example, if the router is set to 2.4 GHZ, and laptop and router can handle the 5 GHZ band try that one. On these bands there are different channels you can try.

First I would verify with another laptop or device if the WiFi, router, and Internet are working properly to begin with.

Hi @jerryg50 the WiFi works fine on my laptop just not on my wife's. And I can print without the same issues.
Our router does both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Good thing that you mentioned that because the same disco issues happen when it's connected to either bandwidth.

Hi Axel,

I would check your hosts file, see if anything cheeky has made its way in there, the other thing I would do is flush the DNS (ipconfig /flushdns) and renew the ip address (ipconfig /release and then run ipconfig /renew)

These are done from CMD as administrator ^^

I would then completely remove the printer and add it by IP address if it is networked.

Back
Top Bottom