Windows 7 Will Windows 7 Full version be better than the Beta

Whitey

Ok Windows 7 Beta Runs well but i have concerns??

Whats going to be added to the Full version operating system when it arrives/comes out??

Is there comparisons yet between the 2 and will this change the operation. It runs smooth now. What can you do that will possible make even better.

My idea of beta O/S is as it run so little drivers and/or other system operations. Which is only loading ones that are required to give you maximum outputs for smooth operations.
Will the full version (which no doubt is around and are still working on ironing out the bugs) have more or less the same feel to it?

Cheers
this may have been answered if so direct me to it please

Whitey

I was asked a similar question when Microsoft released the Beta and RC1 versions of Vista when that was in development.

Since the RC1 and then the final release, I noticed no different in speed or visuals.

I assume that this will be the case for Windows 7. Obviously it will have its larger database of drivers, but I don't see why it shouldn't run just as smooth when the final retail and oem versions are released

O

Every leaked build has at least shown some increases in speed and overall compatibility, functionality, and stability.. The Final Retail version will improve upon every one of those areas and will be a more polished version of the RC.. As far as features go, the RC is deemed as Feature Complete, so the Retail will have no major changes, just small improvements.. ;)

Whitey,
Remember that Windows 7 Beta (7000) will begin to experience bi-hourly shutdowns on July 1st -- that's only a few weeks away. I would upgrade to the Windows 7 RC as soon as possible as you will be able to use the RC until next year! To learn more about what's new in RC head on over to Microsoft Springboard.
Windows 7 RC | Support, Deployment, Resources
Jessica
Microsoft Springboard / TechNet

Whitey,
Remember that Windows 7 Beta (7000) will begin to experience bi-hourly shutdowns on July 1st -- that's only a few weeks away. I would upgrade to the Windows 7 RC as soon as possible as you will be able to use the RC until next year! To learn more about what's new in RC head on over to Microsoft Springboard.
Windows 7 RC | Support, Deployment, Resources
Jessica
Microsoft Springboard / TechNet

Why do you attempt to get people to leave this forum with every one of your posts? There is very large amount of info available on THIS FORUM that has to do with Windows 7 BETA, Windows 7 RC, and beyond.. :) People do not NEED to go to some other forum just to get information when it is VERY available HERE... ;)

Hey Rad...thats not the first MS employee to be pushing people to springboard. They just don't get it....its like trying to sell someone on the joys of automated phone prompts... The reason people come in here is to work out issues among peers that have already seen these issues or will take the time to solve the issue. many of these issues are 3rd party which Springboard doesn't address. If MS wants to help, then how about building a decent browser.

Hey Rad...thats not the first MS employee to be pushing people to springboard. They just don't get it....its like trying to sell someone on the joys of automated phone prompts... The reason people come in here is to work out issues among peers that have already seen these issues or will take the time to solve the issue. many of these issues are 3rd party which Springboard doesn't address.

Oh I know it's not the first one.. and it won't be the last either, unfortunately.. ;)

Why do you attempt to get people to leave this forum with every one of your posts? There is very large amount of info available on THIS FORUM that has to do with Windows 7 BETA, Windows 7 RC, and beyond.. :) People do not NEED to go to some other forum just to get information when it is VERY available HERE... ;)

Well, to be honest, I appreciate official information over hearsay on a board. But that's just me.

Well,, it's not hard to find that site, But I appreciate the info, incase I didn't know about it.
If people are going to leave this site or any other forever to go to a different one, or a site like springboard, they will be cutting themselves short and I personally wouldn't worry about them in the long run.

I utilize more than one forum/site, I don't always post on more than one, but I am always looking.

"thats not the first MS employee to be pushing people to springboard. They just don't get it..."

"Why do you attempt to get people to leave this forum with every one of your posts? There is very large amount of info available on THIS FORUM"

While I agree there is lots to learn on this forum, there is also a whole lot more out there too, and doesnt change the fact that JessicaD is right. Its not like she is pushing the TechNet forum without offering her thoughts as well.

I support Loathe in his comment.
And why is everyone assuming this is a Microsoft employee. It is hardly likely that such an employee would be working thriough a "tinyurl" link, which she/he is.

If the poster is found guilty, then so am I, as I often give information, or quote info, from the technet site, on the grounds that it cannot get more authorative than that. It is not a bad policy, as this site, like many other such, abounds with false rumours.

Back