Windows 10 Win 10 Onedrive

brod298

Extraordinary Member
I do not know anything about OneDrive and I want that all my downloads. mostly pictures, are stored only on mu PC in Download folder taht I akready had, arranged by months etc. I do not want to have OneDtive at all. How do I disable it and still keep already downloaded pics and docs etc on my PC only? I brn all of them from time to time to DVD discs and don;t want them online at all? Please help with simple steps if possible. I do not want to lose pics that are showing in my Downlad file as I don't know if they will still be there if One drive is disabled or unistalledl etc. Thanks.

If you don't have an account it won't sync anything, but you can uninstall it too if you want.

I would uninstall it. MS only gives 5 GB of storage space. You can't do a lot with only 5 gigs. MS way of forcing people to buy more storage. I uninstall it on all my systems.

I would uninstall it. MS only gives 5 GB of storage space. You can't do a lot with only 5 gigs. MS way of forcing people to buy more storage. I uninstall it on all my systems.
Got that, but what about pics and docs that I already have on it? Will they stay on my PC if I uninstall it? I don't need online storages whatever they are :)

They should be. But to be safe open one drive and copy them and paste them in your actual pictures folder. Then uninstall it.

OneDrive is like Google Drive, a cloud storage space given to every MS user account. If you log in to your computer with a MS user account, then you have 5GB of storage space on OneDrive, by default. There might be an option to sync your files to your OneDrive, but this shouldn't delete your original files. Just open your downloads folder in one window and the OneDrive in an other, and then compare them. You also may want to change your default download location in every browser you have installed. You can find this in browser's settings.
If you didn't install OneDrive by yourself and if, when downloading files, you do not choose the OneDrive's sync folder on your computer (if there is one), then it is safe to uninstall the OneDrive sync program.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

OneDrive is like Google Drive, a cloud storage space given to every MS user account. If you log in to your computer with a MS user account, then you have 5GB of storage space on OneDrive, by default. There might be an option to sync your files to your OneDrive, but this shouldn't delete your original files. Just open your downloads folder in one window and the OneDrive in an other, and then compare them. You also may want to change your default download location in every browser you have installed. You can find this in browser's settings.
If you didn't install OneDrive by yourself and if, when downloading files, you do not choose the OneDrive's sync folder on your computer (if there is one), then it is safe to uninstall the OneDrive sync program.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Thank you I will try :)

Back