Windows 7 Win 7 firewall blocks autherised programes & websites

wioz

In the last couple of months my win7 desktop PC has developed this problem.
The firewall periodically blocks autherised programes & websites.
I know is the firewall as when I turn firewall of everything works fine & I can access them on my ipad.
I have found if I reset default firewall setting this fixes the problem for a couple of days.
I have searched here for a solution but have found nothing thats reasonably new like within in the last 2 years.
I have done virus, spyware & malware scans using Avast, Spybot & windows own security programes but no problems were found.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Is it specific applications? Does the blocking occur while the computer has been on the same network or are you moving between networks? When the blocking occurs if you go into Control Panel > Network and Sharing does your Network Category change (meaning does it say Private or Public network) and does this change when your application is blocked? You could also try installing wireshark and when the application is getting blocked run wireshark and capture the network traffic. Feel free to upload the capture file for review.

Sorry about the slow reply.
Yes it seems to be mainly my internet banking & my email, Thunderbird, gmail & my isp's email.
It does not affect general surfing & things like Netflix or my VPN (tunnelbear).
I am only on 1 network so yes is allways the same.
Of memory it says public network & does not change.
I have never heard of "wireshark" but am willing to try.
Having said that it has not played up in the last week so maybe it has corrected itself.
I am thinking of doing a format & reinstalling win7 from scratch. I have original disc's.

Back