Windows 7 Win 7 help? LAG

Jesso

Hello all, I am wondering if you can help me with a giant problem I have been having with my pc. Seemingly after installing windows 7, the computer goes into random lag spikes and bogs down to the point where I have to either power down manually or wait for the computer to restart itself, which usually takes about 7 minutes...

the only other thing I have to say is that while it is bogged down like this, it switches between my open windows arbitratily, for moments.

Any advice? :/

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9600 @ 2.80 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
64 bit OS

These are some possiblities... reboot and test after each one (or all)

1. go to Task Manager /services /services and Disabled the Function Discovery Resource Publication service

2. Go to "Network Connection" and click on the Network NIC card you are using, select "Properties"
NIC properties and uncheck these things:
-Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
-Link Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver
-Link Layer Topology Discovery Responder

3. Run msconfig and uncheck everything that is loading at startup

Your feedback is very important to help us resolve these issues.

Yeah, I tried all of those things and it still didn't help :(
The computer doesn't have any viruses, and its only a couple months old.

Yes...I upgraded from vista, before I knew anything bad could come from it.

just for more information, I'm idling with only this internet window open and I'm at 100% CPU usage and 80% physical memory.
what on earth can I do to fix this?

just for more information, I'm idling with only this internet window open and I'm at 100% CPU usage and 80% physical memory.
what on earth can I do to fix this?

Backup and do a clean install. Upgrading fails a LOT ! Old drivers and thousands of duplicate files are carried over.... as well as viruses, trojans, malware and all the software that was installed. Even if your av program doesn't find anything nasty, it doesn't mean there aren't unknown bugs.... and as far as I know.. NO av programs or Malware detection checks the Task Scheduler.. even AdAware has found it to their advantage to run from the Task Scheduler... without asking you if you want it to.

Back
Top Bottom