Windows 7 Win 7 - Instal - Dreaded 0x80070570 error

Danny Saunders

Hi Everyone.

I am trying to re-instal a fresh copy of Win 7 64 bit on my comp. I am currently running Win 7 64 bit, which seems corrupt. It has the following problems

Control Panel right click doesn't work any more
Windows update doesn't work any more
Unable to upgrade IE 9 to IE 10
Net framework not working, and no way of fixing it/upgrading it
MS Office icons and right clicking doesn't work.
MS office documents seem to get corrupted, and often cause computer to hang
I run Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird both of which often crash

The more i try to fix it, the more problems i encounter, so i want to do a fresh instal

32 bit Vista instals no problem.

I have been reading the forum on error 0x80070570 and have tried just about everything there to no avail.

I have taken the following steps

Updated all device drivers
Ran numerous spy ware inhibitors and anti virus software
Re-burned DVD (numerous times)
Copied disk to USB drive.
Used other peoples DVD's
I even get the error when trying to re-instal Win 7 on the top of my current Win 7 installation.
Replaced ram
Installed Vista 32 bit with no problem

I am starting to think that it may be a hardware error.

I would like to try the following things, but i don't have the knowledge to do them:

Isolate computer components, if the ram itself is not the problem, the mother board which holds the ram might be at fault.
I run two internal disk drives - i am not sure what is the master/slave and how to alter this.
Update the BIOS to change the SATA drives (i have seen reference to this on forums but don't know how to do it.)

Machine Specs are

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz 43 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H61-M LE (LGA1155) 36 °C
Graphics
L204WT (1680x1050@59Hz)
1024MB GeForce GTS 250 (Gigabyte) 59 °C
Hard Drives
298GB Seagate ST3320820AS ATA Device (SATA) 41 °C
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 ATA Device (SATA) 40 °C
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHBS312 2 ATA Device
ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Any help would be appreciated

Hello again Danny,

I have done a little research and found that that board may be a little flakey in regards to playing nice with SATA drives, not all boards, but enough have been reported.

You may have to do a little BIOS tweaking, make sure to read the Users Guide thoroughly, you can also check here; ASUS - P8H61-M LE

i am not sure what is the master/slave and how to alter this.
This is for your standard IDE (PATA) hard drives and that would also be your AHCI setting.
The default BIOS setting is AHCI, to change to SATA; Enter BIOS, then Advanced, SATA Configuration, SATA Mode [IDE Mode].

While in the BIOS, enable the UEFI Compatibility Support Module (CSM)
Make sure your DVDRom is set to boot first, then Hard Drive (Boot Priority Devices)

In most cases I've found that, error 0x80070570 is a corrupt file and unreadable and if you're getting the same error when using a friends DVD, it may be the DVD drive itself, you may want to check that.

Hope this helps and keep us posted
Don

Not sure what the following is, but I have seen some third party virtual CD type software cause problems for systems.

ELBY CLONEDRIVE SCSI CdRom Device

Any way you could run only 8 GB of RAM?

But for now, maybe a CHKDSK and System File Check (SFC /scannow in admin command prompt) might help.

If you decide to do a Repair Install, you might need to locate and download the Windows 7 Install DVD with SP1 included. They changed the site I used to link, so you should be able to find one with a reference to Digital River. Make sure and get the correct bit version.

Back
Top Bottom