Windows Vista Win7 Logo freezes, restarts bootup.

Kineticboy2001

My personal Desktop computer [AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5800+, 4G o RAM, Windows 7 build 7600? (I'm not sure)] is experienceing an odd problem I've never encountered before.

At the logo screen on startup, about where the balls of light touch...
windows-7-screenshot-startup.png
...it freezes for a second, then reverts back to my initial ASUS "Press Del for BIOS" screen.

Setting the BIOS has proven uneventful so far and I don't have any kind of boot disk to repair. The only reason I can think of is that just before this happened the computer BSOD'd giving WG11111T.sys the blame. That I've identified as the USB wireless internet dongle I had attached to the computer. I can't fathom why that would have this kind of effect on my PC as it BSOD'd because of this exact reason before with no startup problems whatsoever. (I know, I should have stopped using the first time it happened, but I need internet for my work.)

If anyone has had this problem or could provide insight as to what I'm supposed to do I would appreciate it.

Also, just to let you know, since I can't get into my computer I don't think I can run any programs to fix it unless someone knows otherwise. So far the furthest I've gotten is adjusting the BIOS.

Have you tried booting to safe mode and disable the device or reinstall the driver? Windows may have updated it for you and caused a problem.

See if you can download a repair CD from NeoSmart Technologies.

Last edited:
Have you tried booting to safe mode and disable the device or reinstall the driver? Windows may have updated it for you and caused a problem.

See if you can download a repair CD from NeoSmart Technologies.

Ah, progress.. so to speak. Thank you very much, this does something new, though I'm not sure what. Would it be best to burn this to a disk and run it from there? I had partitioned a part of an external hard drive to boot from but all I'm getting is a blinking cursor or "Invalid partition table."

I'm going to burn it and try again.

The .iso file needs to be burned to a CD as an image at slow speed. You can then boot to it.

You probably need to unplug the external drive, it may be adding to the problem if it was connected previously.

The .iso file needs to be burned to a CD as an image at slow speed. You can then boot to it.

You probably need to unplug the external drive, it may be adding to the problem if it was connected previously.

Hmm, regardless of how I try to burn it it always tells me there is a boot error and to restart by selecting the correct boot device. The only new thing is that it gives me a completely different screen showing everything about my computer with text at the bottom saying "Press ESC to Boot... 5, 4, 3, etc."

Have you tried testing the Repair CD in another computer....

I do not remember the senario you seem to describe, but I have not used the downloaded version of the Repair CD.

Is this a purchased computer and is there any chance it has some type of Recovery system that might be interferring?

When you boot do you have an option to use the f12 key to boot to different devices?

Does your bios show the DVD as the first boot device?

Back
Top Bottom