Windows 7 win7 weird behaviour

lallous

Hello,

Recently my Win7 Beta is behaving very weird:

1. The taskbar (explorer) is not freezing, yet the clock does not update;
I had to kill explorer and run it again, then clock updates.
It freezes again

Task manager shows no processes in the list as I launch it.
Pressing F5 will refresh the list and you see the processes

killing a process, will kill it, but you have to press F5 to have the list refresh so you no longer see the process

Popup menus persisting:
sometimes if I right click in the browser and never select anything from the menu, and click away, some menu items will still be on top of other windows on the screen! ;(
Log off will solve this issue

File Save freezes: Sometimes, even using notepad, if I say File->Save, notepad hangs and stops responding.
Similar with other programs

etc...many issues.

I scanned my PC for rootkits, viruses, found none....I will try to scan again from a bootable device (any suggestion for an integrated tool that does all this for you once you boot?)

anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Elias

Reinstall. Sorry man, betas don't always install right. I had a host of weird issues the first time I installed build 7057 on my desktop. The second install went perfectly and I don't have a single issue.

Hi Camride,

I can give reinstallation as a last try. (did you simply reinstall over existing installation w/o losing your previous settings or was it a clean reinstall?)

Hope someone else can shed some lights regarding these weird behaviors.

Another issue is that the SQL server express service pack 3 shows up all the time even if I install it...
It is listed many times in my update history now! ;(

Back
Top Bottom