Windows 7 Win7 won't start after installation

jahsiotr

I have this weird problem that whenever I try to install win7 after all the installation processes when it comes to starting up the system for the first time there is this black screen with floating windows logo and 'starting windows' or smth similar ( i don't know exactly cause i have it in my motherlanguage) and it stops like this, i can wait 5 min, 10 min half an hour and it wont change. i found info on some other forum that it may be fault of hdd so i sent my notebook to the service, they gave me the new hdd but the goddamn 'starting windows' wont go away so now im really pissed. my notebook config: c2d p8600 @2,4ghz 4gb ram ati hd4670. if u need any additional info please let me know hope u'll find the solution.

Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums :)
Attempt to boot from your Windows 7 installation media again, and select "Repair Computer"
After that, select Startup Repair which will automatically look for and fix problems preventing your computer from booting.

You say it's a new installation? Was it a clean install or an upgrade?

Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums :)
Attempt to boot from your Windows 7 installation media again, and select "Repair Computer"
After that, select Startup Repair which will automatically look for and fix problems preventing your computer from booting.

You say it's a new installation? Was it a clean install or an upgrade?

It was a clean installation and a funny thing happened just yesterday, just out of curiosity i tried to install x86 version and it went through it works almost fine except now i have 1gb ram not used at all and sometimes it seems to hang for few secs on the clean hdd so thats kinda weird imho.

So you've installed the 32-bit version, with the memory constriction?
As long as it works, you shouldn't really miss the extra gig of RAM as it's still used for overhead functions.

yeah, thats what i think as well, stay with 32-bit, but still it keeps me almost awake at night why the hell i cant install the 64 when i had it on this comp before. anyway thx for help, hope i wont have any problems with this system. take care

Back
Top Bottom