Windows 10 Window 10 update has caused windows to not recognize one of two printers and I have to reboot computer to receive and send messages in Outlook

Doug Foord

My PC in running a 64 bit operating system with a 64 based processor. I am running Windows 10 1909 version. I have been having an issue with Outlook 2019 in that i need to reboot computer to get new emails? In addition, since the last update I am having an issue with my printers. I have an HP Officejet Pro 8620 that I normally use for scanning and a Brother HL 3140CW laser printer I use for printing. Since the last update my PC will only recognize one printer and if it is the HP Windows will not convert to PDF?

How to I get both printers to operate as they did before the update?

In both cases I have uninstalled the printers and reinstalled several times doing a restart and shutdown and start of the PC each time.

I do I get to receive and send in Outlook without reboot as it did before update?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times doing a restart and shutdown and start of the PC each time.

Have you downloaded new W10 drives from the HP and Brother sites?
If you leave out/remove both printers and reboot, does Outlook function then and keeps it functioning?
Is internet working when Outlook refuges to send/receive email, you can open webpages, download...?
How are the printers connected, wireless, bluetooth, with cable?
Did you receive error messages or are they in the log?

Back