Windows 10 Windows 10 Boot & ZorinOS Linux Grub2!

ExclusiveWF

Hi,

I reinstalled recently Windows 10, but before I have installed Linux on another internal SSD, before every time I boot I have the options to choose on what to boot, now it boots directly to Windows 10.
How can I have back the boot option when I turn on the PC?

You'll need to boot to a Linux rescue disk, chroot to the Linux filesystem and update grub

The grub boot loader was most likely overridden by Windows so you'll need a Linux boot disc to access it

Basically i did this:

1. Run Boot Repair
Boot Repair Disk to install GRUB windows 10 deleted grub

1. There are two ways to get boot-repair. The first is to create a disk containing a tool like Boot-Repair-Disk. This will help you to create a disk starting Boot-Repair automatically and boot on it.
  2. The second option is to Install Boot-Repair in Ubuntu. To do this, create Ubuntu Live-session on your USB and then choose “Try Ubuntu“.
  3. Connect to the Internet.
  4. Open a new terminal, and type the following command. Press enter after running each command.
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yannubuntu/boot-repair
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install -y boot-repair && boot-repair
  5. Now you need to launch Boot-Repair by typing boot-repair in a terminal. You can also launch it from the Dash (Ubuntu logo at the top).
  6. Next, click the “Recommended Repair” button.
  7. Wait for the repair to finish. Note the URL that appeared on the screen.
  8. Now reboot the system and check if you can access the OS and GRUB is reinstalled.

So, now I have the Grub2, everything working properly, but i have another small issue, on the second SSD where i have Linux, i created a partition for Android Bliss, is there a way to have also that on Grub2? Now i have in the Grub2 only Windows 10 and Linux.

If the grub probe doesn't detect it by running 'update-grub' then you'd likely need to manually edit the grub config to add it to the boot menu.

I reinstalled recently Windows 10, but before I have installed Linux on another internal SSD
You had 2 HDDs and each had a OS on them.......correct? If so, all you need to do tap F12 to bypass the bios screen and the boot menu will pop up. From there select the HDD/SSD you want to boot from.

I used to use the Mult-Boot option all the time......The key to doing this is not have the Primary C drive connected (unplug cables of drive) when installing a 2nd OS. I had windows on C drive then had 2 more HDD's, one had Ubuntu and the other had Zorion. The only draw back to this is and this is ture of dual booting, you have to restart to change the OS.

You had 2 HDDs and each had a OS on them.......correct? If so, all you need to do tap F12 to bypass the bios screen and the boot menu will pop up. From there select the HDD/SSD you want to boot from.

I used to use the Mult-Boot option all the time......The key to doing this is not have the Primary C drive connected (unplug cables of drive) when installing a 2nd OS. I had windows on C drive then had 2 more HDD's, one had Ubuntu and the other had Zorion. The only draw back to this is and this is ture of dual booting, you have to restart to change the OS.

Yes, I have 2 SSD's on one I have Windows 10 and on the second 2 OS's Android on a 50GB partition and on another partition ZorinOS Linux, at the moment at the restart I see in Grub2 Windows 10 and ZorinOS Linux, that is working properly, my point is that I want to see in the Grub2 during restart also the Android, without F12 and booting to specific SSD where is Android. Is it possible to have it on Grub2 besides Windows 10 and ZorinOS Linux?

As I mentioned previously, yes it is possible, you will need to edit grub manually, see the grub documentation above.

Back