Windows 10 Windows 10 - BSoD - UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

abyss2k

So I had windows 7 for a long time and it started crashing when I was doing something INTESIVE like new video games and stuff so I sent it to my friend who did all sorts of testing and decided to change my graphics card... I had a Radeon HD 7700 Series and he changed it to NVIDIA GeForce 750 Ti after that I installed windows 10 and now when I play games it crashes sometimes 5min. into the game... sometimes 2hrs... but it doesn't seem to happen with low req. games like RuneScape or Minecraft (Java games) Sorry if I didn't give enough info... this is my first post. :)

Attachments

• W7F_24-10-2015.rar
    729.7 KB · Views: 366
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 154, {ffffe001254cd000, ffffd00021c13d80, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amd_xata.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for amd_xata.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SMKM_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter+22 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
I cannot get too much information regarding the bugcheck as it's relatively new being under Windows 10.
It looks like you have some out of date drivers particularly the chipset/SATA driver. Please use your Gigabyte support page to update. I took a quick look and no drivers for the Chipset/SATA driver is under Windows 10 although under Win 8.1 there is a later version:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4364#driver

Please remove your gpu driver using the Display driver uninstaller. This will clean out any loose bits of driver left behind by previous installs:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.5.1.0 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum
Re-install the driver:
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

As your crashing during games please run a stability test using furmark (after you updated the above)
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Check the gpu's vram by running this test:
HOME PAGE OF MISHA CHERKES

Right click on the start menu button and from the revealed list click admin command prompt. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

In the same command prompt, type (or copy and paste):
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results, longer this time so please be patient.

Post any new dump files after updating the above.

I updated the Chipset/SATA driver or whatever that is, i reinstalled the display driver but I don't know how to use the FurMark thing or the GPU vram test... the /scannow didn't find any problems same with dsim /online... I hope it did something.

Attachments

• W7F_27-10-2015.rar
    745.9 KB · Views: 324
Also can you post the make and model of your power supply as well as it's approx age.

Ahm... is the only way to get the model of the PSU is opening my case? Or is there another way?
And the age is ~15 months cause I'm not sure if I can do that... atleast atm.

Last edited:
Did you get a specification list when you bought the pc? In any case please run those tests.

How long should I be running the stress test? Till it crashes or what? Sorry for the trouble I'm not very good with the technical stuff.

Last edited:
Just run the test. It lasts a few minutes and the reason for running this test is to check for stability. If the card crashes (it would also be a good idea to watch temperatures too) then let me know, same if it complete's successfully. I'm off to bed so will check back in the morning.

The FurMark test didn't go above 64°C but I closed it after 30 minutes cause I didn't know if it whould stop by itself cause It was going pretty linear anyway, the Vram test got me this:

Changing video mode to 640x480x16...OK
[10/27/2015 3:45:55 AM] Test started for "Primary Display Driver (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti)"...
Trying 16bpp RGB:565 mode...OK
TEST FAIL (Code: 8876017C)
Trying 16bpp RGB:555 mode...OK
Trying 16bpp BGR:565 mode...NOT SUPPORTED (Code: 80004001)
Trying 32bpp RGB:888 mode...OK
Trying 32bpp BGR:888 mode...NOT SUPPORTED (Code: 80004001)
NO PASS COMPLETED

Ok thank you. So tell me what about bsod's have they stopped?

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 154, {ffffe001a0785000, ffffd00021cb2430, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SMKM_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter+22 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
this is similar to the previous dump file. Tell me when you re-installed the gpu driver did you actually use the display driver uninstaller in safe mode to remove the driver?
If not then please do so as this is quite important. If your unsure on how to get into safe mode using windows 10 then you need to open the start menu, click on settings, click 'Update and security', click on recovery and then look for 'Advanced start up', click that. When the machine reboots you'll see a blue screen appear with some choices. You need to click on 'Troubleshoot' followed by number 4 in the list Safe mode. This guide will show you as well:
How to start or boot Windows 10 in Safe Mode
Once in safe mode use the DDU to remove the driver. Once your back into the desktop re-install the gpu driver.

Test by running some games. If you still crash then let's try using the driver verifier. This is a windows app which stresses each driver in turn and if we're lucky will reveal the suspect.. I have to stress though that you will need to create either a rescue USB or disk.
This is because sometimes the driver verifier will create a bsod at start up when it stresses the driver meaning it's difficult to get into the system. Using a recovery USB/Disk will allow one to boot back into windows and turn the verifier off.

I'm also starting to suspect that this might be a compatibility issue to do with Windows 10 but first let's go through the above and see where that gets us.

This guide will tell you how to run the verifier but do post first before starting the process.
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?
(use the process for win 8/8.1 as it's almost the same as win 10. Please remember that you need a rescue disk or usb before starting this.

Lastly re' your friend that changed the graphics card last time, did he say why he changed it as it seems a little suspicious that yet again you have a gpu blue screening. Anyway we'll get to the end of it eventually.

Yes it asked me to uninstall it in safe mode, and I booted in safe mode and then uninstalled it... and you're saying that I should install windows 8.1 now? And they changed my graphics card cause it was crashing somewhat like this I think... when they changed it they tested it and said it was good but it was on windows 7 so this might be a compatibility issue with win10. -.-

you're saying that I should install windows 8.1 now
No,no I meant use the same process as for windows 8 when you use the driver verifier.

Did you upgrade from Windows 7 and if so how long ago? Is it over 30 days?

What do you mean by use the same process as for windows 8? And I think so... where can I check if I can rollback? And yea... I can't seem to find the option to rollback it has been 30 days probably and sorry for having this trouble, I'm really bad. :C

Back
Top Bottom