Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview

I don't think they have jumped them. Many builds are internal, possibly on minor issues, which are not in the published sequence.
FWIW. This was probably the jump they are referring to. Even a jump back to 99xx just before the last:
10.0.10000.0.fbl_lad.150119-2010
10.0.9925.0.fbl_mobs_dev02.150119-2000
10.0.10000.0.fbl_ie.150119-1730
10.0.10000.0.fbl_photos.150119-1721
10.0.10000.0.fbl_outlook.150119-1721
10.0.9925.0.fbl_enf.150119-1700

As you can see, judging by the titles, they all refer to different branches. - But, we''ll find out shortly.

Just given up watching, after one hour. Mostly an advertising intro and intro to Cortana. I do a catch up when I get my hands on the real thing.

Watch the live stream of today's Windows 10 event right here
Wow what a briefing.. Slightly disappointing with the news that the next Windows 10 Build will be released sometime in the coming week. Although this was more than made up for with some of the news offered in the briefing. The future has arrived and it looks like Holograms will be part of our culture very soon.

If you missed the briefing you can watch the whole thing right here:
http://www.winbeta.org/news/watch-live-stream-todays-windows-10-event-right-here

If you don't want to sit through the meting, here is an excellent summary of the major points presented.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/21/7865539/microsoft-windows-10-event-what-you-need-to-know

.Emphasis was on Cortana and the Holograph device. Both items I would not have too much interest in - The latter due to the size of my wallet.
I am interested to see how "Spartan performs against Chrome, as they are both stripped down browsers.

The Xbox feature (Xbox on your desktop", I wasn't too clear about. Probably my ancient brain could not grasp the concept. I use a couple of time wasters xbox games now on my Windows 8.1 desktop. But it did seem to be quite a lot more than that - very much like Skype.
Anyway, a couple of these items we will not see for a few months yet, so I am still anxious to see how the January build shapes up.

Along with the new Build 9926 Microsoft have released a list of known 'bugs':
Here is Microsoft’s list of known issues:

• After installing this build, you may see a boot selection menu each time you reboot your PC. This is because a bug where a second boot option is persisted to uninstall the Windows 10 Technical Preview and roll back to the previous OS installed. When you get to this screen, if you do nothing it will automatically boot to the Windows 10 Technical Preview within 30 seconds by default or you can choose it on your own. Don’t worry, this behavior is only temporary.
  • Xbox Live enabled games that require sign-in will not launch correctly. If you see the below dialog box the game requires Xbox Live sign-in. A fix for this will be distributed via WU shortly after the release of Build 9926.
  • Battery icon shows on lock screen of PCs without batteries.
  • Tiles on the Start menu show truncated app names (such as the Windows Feedback app).
  • Remote Desktop has some painting issues that result in tiled pixelation.
  • Connected Standby enabled devices like Surface Pro 3 may experience shorter than expected battery life.
  • In Cortana, reminders can’t be edited and more complex reminders might not get created. The first reminder you create in Cortana in this build might not pop up, but subsequent ones will. Completed reminders also don’t move to the History page in Cortana’s Notebook.
  • The Music app will disappear if minimized within 16 seconds of launch. Just leave it in the foreground for 20 seconds or so and it should work just fine.
  • Occasionally, the Start Menu is improperly registered and will fail to launch.

You may run into new issues yourself, and some may be unique to your specific hardware, but regardless, we suggest you report any additional issues to Microsoft.
ref:
http://www.winbeta.org/news/here-list-known-issues-you-may-face-windows-10-jtp-build-9926

According to early reports the troublesome keyboard light has been fixed too..:)

Confirmed the lights are working!

Come on guys. Someone must have something to report??

A wee pause, after installation, whilst I searched for the Windows update. It is gone from the old Control Panel. Cortana available if anyone wants it. Otherwise, so far, not much to add, except that a few thing have moved around and now need a little nav retraining lol. Personally, I am not to happy with the new "Settings" window. Bit too bland.

whilst I searched for the Windows update. It is gone from the old Control Panel
Screenshot (10).png

You can still turn it off (temp or full time) from the service panel.

1. the quick bar
Screenshot (2).png

2. enhanced sessions
Screenshot (4).png

3. The fact you can turn off onedrive to save on start up time.
Screenshot (8).png

That curious. Mine doesn't show anything like yours . Are you on Enterprise or pro

upload_2015-1-24_13-20-9.png

But, fwiw. I doesn't wish to turn it off. Just remarking, on my installation, it doesn't show in the old Control Panel

The new update app is proving to be a nightmare.. I tried to stop driver installs.. It ignores the setting and downloads them anyway.
You can't right click on an update to remove it... I mean wtf. In my opinion they've basically ruined something that worked.. Just about. Nevertheless I've sent plenty of feedback you can be sure of that!

I am not too happy, at first analysis. I am having difficulty with inactive desktop icons and windowing with a couple of items I have now installed.. But, I will give it a chance.

I also found a few areas still under construction. If you open the Photo app and click on Albums or Folders you'll see what I mean. I wonder if they'd swop my working keyboard light for a working WU app?

Back