Windows Forum Admin
New update for build 9926:
Rumours on a new build are false unfortunately:
Microsoft has rolled out an update for Windows 10 build 9926 (KB3035129), which offers a collection of improvements to the operating system. The update adds various reliability improvements, and fixes various issues throughout the operating system. Build 9926 is currently available for participants of the Windows Insider Program. Here is the complete change log of this update, which is available right now via Windows Update:
- Reliability improvements for virtual machine live migrations.
- Reliability improvements to prevent some system crashes in SettingsSyncHost.exe.
- Reliability improvements to prevent possible data corruption.
- Increased power efficiency to extend battery life.
- A fix for an issue that prevents the new Store (Beta) from appearing on the taskbar.
- A fix for an issue that could cause users to remain at the 'Please Wait' screen when attempting to sign in with a Smart Card connected.
- A fix for an issue that could cause virtual machines (VMs) to lose connectivity to virtual hard drives (VHDs).
- A fix for an issue that could cause error 0x8E5E05E2 when installing apps.
- A fix for an issue that could cause a delay when opening a new tab in Internet Explorer.
- A fix for an issue that could cause the system to fail to resume from sleep when connected to multiple monitors with some graphics drivers.
- A fix for an issue that could cause the Start Menu to be improperly registered and fail to launch.
- A fix for an issue that prevents launching XBOX Live enabled games that require sign-in, and would incorrectly result in the message, 'To use this app, you need to sign in with the Microsoft account that was used to download it.'
- A fix for an issue that could present the user with the incorrect End-User License Agreement (EULA) during upgrade.
Is Microsoft planning to release a new build shortly? According to Microsoft's Gabe Aul, the answer is no. In fact, this was an accident -- you weren't meant to see this (at least not yet we hope). When a new build becomes available, we will let you know -- as always!