Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview

It is related to the video driver, nvlddmkm.sys and in many cases seems to involve the DPC watchdog. The occur just by clicking on the Start Button, or the Notifications icon and having a window open at the time may be involved. I also get many messages about how the video driver has stopped responding and recovered. If it doesn't recover, probably a Bluescreen results.

On my other system I get dxgkrnl errors. On that system also, the Bluetooth seems to be a large problem. If I install drivers from ASUS, I end up with a system which will only boot to the lock screen. I have not found a way to get past it and the CTRL-ALT-Delete or Winkey+Power button do not help. What is strange, I notice my USB mouse is not powered in that condition, so clicking the lock screen probably has no effect. For all I know, the keyboard may not be powered either.

The bottom line for me is this build is not really usable. Hopefully the one on Wednesday will be better.

Agreed. I think there is quite a few folk hoping for a more stable release on Wednesday. A weird issue I was getting with Windows 10 was that the router was forever losing signal something to do with DNS. On almost a daily basis I would have to reboot the router to get it working again.

Since going back to 8.1.1 not had an issue...

I finally went back to 8.1. Spent most of the day with 10066 and couldn't get nothing to work. Start button, icons nothing was working. It would not even let me shut down or restart. Did another clean install only to have it act up again. I think I will wait for the final version before trying 10 again.

Hopefully Sonny we might see a new build on Wednesday or thereabouts anyway. Depending on functionality I might give it a try. Trouble is I just upgraded hardware and I don't fancy installing an os where half of it might stop working.

Same here kemical. I said I gave up on it but not really. Just so frustrated that I wasted a whole day trying to get it to work. For some reason some guy from Microsoft just called me and was asking me about how 10 was working. I told him I went back to 8.1 for now and why. He said that when new updates came out he would let me know. Going back to 8.1 made me realize how much faster 10 is.

Build 10074 up for grabs!
Windows 10 Build 10074 is available right now directly from Microsoft in ESD form, and you can download them directly from Windows Update. We're not sure if Microsoft is going to keep the links up for long, so I'd get downloading if I were you. Keep in mind the build is an ESD file, meaning it needs to be converted into an ISO file which can be done via an ESD decryption tool.

Beta enthusiast site OSBetaArchive have the links to the WU server ready to go. As said above, get downloading quick as Microsoft could pull said links at any given moment. Build 10074 includes a number of features and changes over build 10061, including an improved Cortana UI and more.
ref:
http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-build-10074-esds-are-live-and-you-can-download-them-right-now

I thought I might give this one a go myself.... Downloading now.

That download site is about twice as fast as the normal Windows Update..... at least for me...

What site are you guys getting this download from. I tried a couple of the links above with no success?

Look at Kemical's post and use the OSBetaArchive link in the quote or just go to his link and then go to the other link.

That is what I did. I am trying again and so far seems to be working. Using the mega link. Thanks Saltgrass.

I guess the third time is a charm. Got 10074 downloaded and installed. Will wait a couple of days before commenting on it.

How is this for action (comments!) From the site from whence came the original leak:

Capture.PNG

Damn! Left it downloading as I was too tired to wait up and the install ESD is borked. It might be that the GB or UK version has problems so am now downloading US version... I'm already starting to regret this.....

I guess the third time is a charm. Got 10074 downloaded and installed. Will wait a couple of days before commenting on it.
I've tried 3 times now and every ESD file is borked. Could be my router which is on it's way out (new one arriving soon).. I'll give it one last go..

Back