Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview

Thanks Sonny the Megashare version worked so it's now up and running.. :)

Kemical, if you want to check the SHA-1, let me know. I did read the UK versions were not Enterprise, just Pro.

Mine downloaded very fast and after decrypting and burning the .iso. It seems to be working fine, although I did mount the .iso and copy those files over to my Flash drive..

I am watching my other install to see if they offer the upgrade via download. It might not happen until after the build conference stops for the day if they are worried about overloading the network.

Oh, there is an update after 10074 is installed, which seems to help with Cortana and fixed my Bluetooth adapter situation.

What do you use to open the ESd file? I've tried a couple links and that download only takes you to the Ap Store.
Joe

Joe, if you used the megashare version you will get an iso. You will need to use 7zip to extract the files with.

What do you use to open the ESd file? I've tried a couple links and that download only takes you to the Ap Store.
Joe
You need to use the decrypter on it to make it an .iso. I suppose this forum does not have the instructions, I will have to check. But some others, including the Microsoft Insiders forum, have a download link for the software needed.

Or you could just download 10074 from Windows Update... ;)

You source was right again, Sonny..

Have just discovered a show stopping bug with build 10074. The debugger for bsod's will not install so it's back to 8.1 for me... Damn. I quite liked this build as well.

You and I do seem to be running on the sam track!!!!

I have had immense problems with 074. I believe (?) it is something to do with it not seeing my internet connection. I have passed the day trying to diagnose it, and have given up. For me - back to 041 my most stable release so far.
It may be that I have "older" equipment, but on my budget, that is the end of the line anyway.

I am still getting Blue Screens which seem to be related to SLI, and even on a single monitor system. Actually two single monitors systems. It is frustrating I have never seen Microsoft acknowledge this problem in any of the Know Build problems....

Change of plan. I tried again, but this time I had a look at the internet connection settings before I completed the log in. No Ethernet enabled. So I enabled it, together with the wireless connection as a backup. No problems this time. I now have my basic software running much as on the previous build.

Change of plan. I tried again, but this time I had a look at the internet connection settings before I completed the log in. No Ethernet enabled. So I enabled it, together with the wireless connection as a backup. No problems this time. I now have my basic software running much as on the previous build.
In a previous build, I noticed some problems with both the Ethernet and Wireless enabled at the same time. Let us know if you notice anything.

I am going to re-enable mine to see if this build behaves differently. Who knows, maybe it will help.

I assume everyone is getting the warning below in Event Viewer?

The DSM service was delayed by 29 seconds for a driver query/download/install on device 'SWD\IP_TUNNEL_VBUS\TEREDO_TUNNEL_DEVICE'

Thanks. I did suggest that solution to another member. But I have tried a few combinations and am not, for the moment, experiencing any connection problems. I am still not comfortable with this release, however. Now the updating service has stopped as it is "hung" on trying to download a fairly large driver for the identical one already installed. - Working on that !

Have you tried a right click on the teredo tunnel device to examine the drivers? Which portion of the event viewer di you see the error. I cant see one.

Solved the update problem. It was preventing me from getting further updates. I could not find any workable solution on the Microsoft pages. In the end I uninstalled the device, from the device manager, and rebooted. Update was then able to download and install the new driver. All clear now.

It is just a warning, so not sure if it is having any effect, I just figured everyone had it. The IPv6 6to4 stuff I don't know much about. The time delay it mentions may be involved on the boot time or the time after the Desktop where I normally have to wait for it to finish whatever it is doing.

It has been happening in the last few builds. I suppose I am lucky. My network connections have always worked fine except for the one build where I had to manually install the drivers for the Ethernet adapter. Normally one adapter, the Ethernet or Wireless on the motherboard, will work.

Well, your post led me into a really bad scene. Lots of "Warnings", but also a little more than is normal of "critical events". I think I'll stay out of the event viewer until something goes seriously wrong - lol.

The latest email from Gabe Aul to Windows Insiders has some handy links not to mention good info too:
Hello Windows Insider,

19449_spacer.gif

It's Gabe again from our Operating Systems Group (OSG) with more updates on the Windows Insider Programme. Since my last email to you, we've released our Music Preview and Video Preview apps which you can download here.

19449_spacer.gif

Another highlight is Microsoft Edge (Project Spartan), available now in the latest builds. For more details, go here. Take a look at exciting new features like built-in Cortana, ink capabilities, Reading List and Reading View. And let us know what you think. We're listening!

19449_spacer.gif

In fact, Insider feedback has become so valuable to our engineering process, we’ve decided to rename "Windows 10 Technical Preview" to "Windows 10 Insider Preview". It’s the same OS as before.

19449_spacer.gif

Tips & Tricks

19449_spacer.gif

• For those of you on older desktop builds (9841, 9860 and 9879), you should have already received Windows notices that these builds expired on 15 April and that the builds will not boot as of 30 April. If you have not already done so, download the latest ISO File from the Insider download site and perform an upgrade. If your PC will not boot, then you will need to create bootable media and do a clean install of the latest build. One of our Community MVPs has created a nice wiki article with links to the download and also how to create bootable media. And heads up: For 9926, 10041 and 10047 the certificate expires in October.

Well, with all my cynicism and criticism, I have just posted, .on another forum,

I have to confess, that, in spite of earlier criticism of the Windows 10 project, after you have sorted out a few personal dislikes, this build is looking good. For me, 100% stable and no apparent malfunctions.

Back
Top Bottom