Windows 10 Windows 10 Insider Preview

New build on the fast ring: 10162 Contains a new build of the Edge browser.
Buckle your seat belts and hit the Refresh button on your update settings. As of today, the Windows team has kicked the update process into full throttle. According to Windows whisperer, Gabe Aul, due to the upcoming US holiday, the Windows team is pushing out another build before the weekend.

Today’s Windows Insider build is number 10162. For anyone who has been keeping track, the numbering scheme tends to indicate jumps in performance and stability between builds. Over the last two days, the number leaps have been incremental. On Monday, Windows Insiders were treated to build 10158, and then on Tuesday the new build of 10159 was released. Aside from some undescribed bug fixes and a new login screen, the experience for many Insiders remained the same.
http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-10162-include-new-edge-build

Download the iso here:
https://windowsforum.com/threads/download-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10162-iso.210945/

How Microsoft plan to release Windows 10 to us and manufacturing is detailed on the latest Blog:

If you reserved your copy of Windows 10, we will notify you once our compatibility work confirms you will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on your system.
Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices
UPDATED JULY 2, 2015 1:19 PM - With around four weeks to go before Windows 10 becomes available, I thought it would be helpful to provide some context on how we will roll-out Windows 10 to the world. We’ve been really pleased with the strong response to Windows 10 since we kicked off reservations in early June, with millions of reservations. We want to make sure all of you have a great upgrade experience, so we’ll roll-out Windows 10 in phases to help manage the demand. More details on what to expect are provided below.

We’ve shared before how Windows 10 will be familiar and more secure, with a natural experience that makes it easy for people to be more productive and have more fun. We can’t wait to deliver innovations like Cortana, Windows Hello, Microsoft Edge, Continuum, and so much more to your PC or tablet on July 29.* For the first time, we will deliver Windows as a service, with the commitment to offer ongoing innovations and security updates to you. In this world, Windows 10 is continuously improved and keeps getting better and better – for our consumer and business customers. We’re incredibly proud of the progress we’ve made and believe we are nearly ready to ship Windows 10 broadly to the world.

Strange issue on the last 2 updates.
They showed as loading on my bandwidth monitor but the update window stayed a 0%.
Checked the software dist. folder files were there but the install process did not start.
Had to stop the win update process, restart and reboot go to the update screen and the install started.
Hope this may be just an anomaly with running in Vbox, I have not seen anyone else complaining yet.
If not this will be a problem for folks that have little PC knowledge.

I've seen a lot of people having problems downloading the update lately. I gave up on 158 and 162 and used the ISOs posted here. It would show as downloading but never got past zero even after an hour. If they can't handle the insiders now why do they think this will work with the general public. I don't think they'll get as many people giving up Windows 7 as they hope especially businesses.
Joe

One of the things that has been prevalent in the "free windows 10" is "for the life of the PC", so I guess for those of us that build our own PC's and do our own upgrades the question is, what change negates the life of the PC. New HD or SSD, new CPU, more memory, new MB, etc..
Would love to know the answer. Another only time will tell question.

I would guess the life of a PC varies. It could last ten years or more, but, by MSs OS definition, Probably until the Motherboard packs in. Just a surmise!

Even then, you may still have some luck with a phone call, let them know that some electrical mishap fried your motherboard and who knows, they may be sympathetic.

We are now close to Microsoft signing off on the Windows 10 RTM:
If you are unaware how the sign off process works, Microsoft will compile a number of builds they consider 'worthy' of RTM, these are called RTM candidates. These builds will be tested, and if the builds are found to have no bugs or issues, will be then voted on by employees. The build which is voted for the most is then selected as the RTM build, and recompiled into the winmain branch. The build number then usually jumps to a number which is divisible by 16 and 100, like 10400.

WinBeta is able to confirm that build 10176 from the th1 branch is indeed an RTM candidate. For those interested, the build in question is 10.0.10176.16384.th1.150705-0552. Microsoft appears to have jumped about 10 builds from 10166 to 10176 for its first RTM candidate. It's going to be an interesting week regarding Windows 10, so stay tuned at WinBeta for more news.
http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-rtm-candidate-build-10176-has-been-compiled-sign-imminent

Just to tease and start more speculation. LOL. MS Working now with a "debugging" build, 10500. The last "almost there" build was 10.0.10176.16384, , which is a th1 build (ready), as the RTM.. But the current rumour from the pundits is that it will reach . 10.0.10400.16384.th1, which will be the release build, (post RTM)

All guess work, of course. Not long to wait now, anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom