Windows 10 Windows 10 malfunction?

piet174

Honorable Member
My desktop runs with two hard disks. On each of them a Windows 10 version is installed. Recently one of these versions started to function properly. A lot of programs do not work anymore but others do. For example the Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel etc.) function well. The connection with internet does not work either.
At the bottom of this message some screenshots are shown I made from this corrupted Windows 10 32 bits version
Anybody on this forum any idea what can be the problem or how to search for the possible cause for this malfunctioning Windows 10 version?
I am able to start up my desktop with the other installed Windows 10 version and read all files on all harddisks so the disk with the corrupted Windows version runs properly.
Piet
1517428095574.png

1517428108796.png

1517428123354.png

Dag Piet,

To start with try the following (thanks to Kemical):

Try running these scans and see if they help:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

And could you perhaps tell us what system you have and how it is configured, is it a dual boot system or how do you select the Windows you want to start.

If you goto services, set Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider to automatic and reboot. That should in theory solve that issue.

Dear Henk,
Thank you for your suggestions but both did not work as you can see:

1517440127524.png

Attachments

• 1517440066689.png
    1517440066689.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 315
Just noticed something, your windows isn't running the latest updates. You seem to be on build 1511 and not 1709. Getting the latest updates would help with rulling out a windows issue.

Unfortunately there is now no connection with the internet to update. But, approximately until one month ago when the system was working properly all updates should have been installed?
I also looked to Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider. I saw that it was stopped. I switched it to automatic and rebooted but no visible changes which means that the system still does not work properly.

You need to get that windows updated as it's well out of date. It's still on the version from Nov 2015.

Or reinstalling windows? (Alle instellingen -rechtsonder op het scherm- > Bijwerken en beveiliging > Systeemherstel > Opnieuw beginnen met een schone installatie)

Reinstallng windows is ofcourse an option but I first want to give it a try finding another solution with the help of the experts on this forum.
Dear nmusk: how to reconnect to the internet as apparently the network adapter does not work anymore?

- Are the network adapters installed properly? (rightclick on Windows icon bottom left: Apparaatbeheer > Netwerkadapters)
- Try a network cable connection if you are currently on WiFi, you never know
- I don't expect it, but booting into Safe Mode with network - Still no network? (bottom right: Alle instellingen > Bijwerken en beveiliging > Systeemherstel > Geavanceerde opstartopties)

Last edited:
Back