Windows 10 Music Library

Alan Cieslar

Hi, Im unsure where this post would come under so Im sorry if its in the wrong category.

I have recently upgraded to Win 10 from 7 and would like to arrange my music library the same way as it was in Win 7. I want it in tiles (where all the artists are in tiles and when you click on the artists you get all the albums in tile format (see attached picture). I have had to resort to using WMP and this is inconvenient for me as I have a very large library.

Thanks

Attachments

• MusicAlbum.jpg
    MusicAlbum.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 446
Hi,
I'm not sure if that's possible or not. You might try W10's new GROOVE MUSIC app, available of the W10 Start Menu (look for the Tile GROOVE MUSIC under PLAY AND EXPLORE on the W10 Metro Interface (all Tiles). I just added my Music folder and it automatically finds your music and displays your Music Library with tiles of pictures of the album covers. At least it's doing that now with my iTunes library. I haven't actually used this app before but was aware of it. If your music was from a different library, as you say WMP, I don't know if that will work, but WMP music files should work; you'll have to try it. If you have different Music library such as Rhapsody or Pandora, it might work--I have a friend who showed me his Pandora library accessible from his Android phone. I believe he said it also worked on W10, but I can't remember whether or not he used Groove Music to import his music library onto his W10 PC or not. Again, you'll have to try it, unless someone else here has done that already.

Give it a try; I keep a small iTunes music library for testing, as ALL my music would take all my available space up on my boot drive (C: drive). And I can click on the Album Cover tile and play any music inside the Album tile by simply clicking on it, and it plays! :applaud:

Almost forgot, if the Groove Music app isn't EXACTLY what you want; i.e. the same as you had in W7, you could always try the Hyper-X virtual-ware included with W10 Pro if you have that. If you have W10 Home, that doesn't include Hyper-X so you could alternatively download the free VMware app and try to run W7 in virtual session on your W10 computer!:) Be aware that takes at least 40GB of free space on your hard drive AFTER you still have 25% free space left on your C: drive. Example of this would be on a 1TB drive, you would need to have at least 250GB+40GB=290GB free in order to install VMware and still have enough room left to operate Windows efficiently. If your drive is too full, you'll either have to offload some of your music, videos (movies), or other data files to external media in order to achieve the above free space goal and still have enough space to run the VMware. Lots of folks here run that, I've not been able to get it working on any of my computers, but I've seen it done. This of course would take a lot more work than just switching to the built-in GROOVE MUSIC app that Microsoft gives you free in W10.

Best of luck,:eagerness:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

You're quite welcome! Glad to help with some advice. :up: I never really used it until last night when I read your post and gave it a try. I was actually easier than I imagined, as earlier music player apps in Windows before W8.1 gave me fits. It's nice to see Microsoft have an app that not only was very easy to setup, but, and this is remarkable: it found all my iTunes purchased music and imported it into the Player with tiles of the correct Album Cover art as you are also used to seeing!:applaud: I'm giving it a Thumbs up unless I see something better.:encouragement:

Cheers!;):D
BBJ :usa:

Back