It should have been somthing like this:
Version: 20H2
Date: October/November 2020
Build ?

But I have:
Date: 29.05.2020 <-------- ?
Build: 19042.662

And I can´t see - the new stuff showed in Microsoft update coming up newsletter from How-to-Geek - in my Windows 10 Pro X64 today.

I have tried to check my version with:

and I´m told that my Windows 10 Pro X64 is up-to-date December 5, 2020

The new things I talk about is in: What’s New in Windows 10’s 20H2 Update, Arriving Fall 2020
From How-to-Geek:

Plus: All my Windows and Microsoft 365 is allways newest version and updated with all the updating Microsoft offers.

I think: If a company use seveal million dollars each year on reparing the company products then it must be because the software need to be updated and therefore I update all the time.

So can anyone help me to understand whats going on?

Friendly regards
Bjorn Jensen

But I have:
Date: 29.05.2020 <-------- ?
Build: 19042.662
Hi,

if you google those build numbers you'll see your running an Insider Build:
Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19042.662 (20H2)

If you want to download the October 20H2 iso go here:
Download Windows 10

Personally I use the 'create installation media' Tool and then create an iso. I then use Rufus to burn it to USB. There is an auto method of doing this via the tool but it can on occasion go wrong so the Rufus method avoids that.

Hi kemical
Thanks for your reply.
I knew what you did suggests, but I thought something completely different. I saw an major failure and a lot of extra works. I have as far as I know not accepted a preview installation at any time. Because preview installations was not compatible with the final version earlier and some times we had to un-install the preview version before installing the final version. I don´t know if it still is the case, but I know that I don´t want to use so much time on these things anymore.
But your advise worked perfectly - as you ofcourse did know :) - the date is now December 6, 2020 and it took only 5 hours on an i5 with 16 GB RAM + 1 GB on the grahhics card.

But thanks for your help.

Have a nice day, Christmas and New Year :)

Friendly regards
Bjørn Jensen

I have deleted all my personal information. I don´t want to vaste a lot of peoples time on my personal informations.

Thanks for the update Bjorn and a Happy Holidays to you too.. :)

Back