Windows 10 Windows 10 refuses to boot up after reset failed

snivell

I was trying to reset my computer which is running Windows 10 but about half way through the reset it said something like it failed to reset and then just turned off. When I turned it back on I tried to boot it from the "choose an operating system" boot menu as always, but once I chose Windows boot manager it just keeps returning me to the boot selection screen. Please help. Thanks.

Could you expand some on your exact configuration before trying the Reset? Was it an upgrade install and from what? Is this a system where you have access to the Hard drive? Do you have any other bootable media, like a recovery drive?

Why were you resetting?

Could you expand some on your exact configuration before trying the Reset? Was it an upgrade install and from what? Is this a system where you have access to the Hard drive? Do you have any other bootable media, like a recovery drive?

Why were you resetting?
I'm an admin on the computer and I was trying to reset just to make it like new again. I also don't have a backup.

So your system is new and it came with Windows 10 installed. Were you using the Windows 10 Reset or the OEM version of a Factory Restore? You may have some key combination during boot to access a Restore option or select boot options.

Back
Top Bottom