Windows 10 Windows 10 System Image help needed

brkkab

Excellent Member
Every time I try to make a system image in Windows 10 Pro x64 I get the following error message. Error code 0x807080151 along with error code0x80070020 at the bottom of the same page. Here's a screenshot of it.Shadow Copy, etc. is on/started. I've tried stopping them & restarting them. Also ran checkdisk and sfc /scannow. Nothing found.

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    27 KB · Views: 312
What security apps you running brkkab? Try turning them off and see if it helps any.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with using FileHistory, too. I don't know why it would be, as I'm only trying to do a system image, not use the full blown Windows 7 Backup for a image and a backup of document's, etc..
It's also, not the Insider Preview version of Windows 10.

I always make my images from the Acronis boot disk. Then nothing is running or updating in the background to cause problems.
Joe

You are trying to do a backup of a VM? I have no experience with VM, but where is the backup location in relation to the VM?

Hi

I don't know what's causing the problem, but I've been using EaseUS TODO backup and recovery Free, with good results.
I've made 22 backups and restored 7 times since I started using Windows 10.

Best free backup software for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, etc - EaseUS Todo Backup Free

So if you want to get a image made you could give it a try.

It makes it's own recovery disk in either Linux or WindowsPE format and it literally only takes a couple of clicks to make a backup.

Mike

**SOLVED** Iolo System Mechanic Standard's created power plans were the culprit. I disabled them, switched my pc to Windows' High Performance plan and System Image is working now. I forgot all about checking that one before I posted this.

Back