Windows 10 Windows 10 Taskbar not working correctly and volume increasing all the time.

emperor199989

So hello.

I came here to this forum because I would like to address 2 things which are acting at all times when I use Windows 10 and i'm getting very annoyed by this so I would love to get some help from you guys since I tried alot of forums before and most of those solutions did not work.

First off: The taskbar.
This is not a huge problem for me but whenever I would like to switch to another program with the taskbar it doesn't work (most of the times with one program which has 2 windows open). I have to use the Alt + Tab function at all times since the taskbar does not work for me.

Second: The volume.
Somehow my volume keeps increasing to a solid 100% with whatever thing I do. This is most annoying with things such as Games I would like to play because I have to change the volume in there and because I have alot of games I do not want to change the volume in every game I have. It is also annoying with the various communication programs such as Skype, Teamspeak, etc.

I have been trying to search for solutions for those problems for 2 weeks now and I haven't found anything that helps (some do work but only for a limited period since these problems come back every time I turn my PC on. If you guys could help me with this it would be very much appreciated.

As far as the taskbar, is this problem specifically with multi-windowed programs or is it with programs with one window and what is it not doing? Not bringing the window to the front and focusing on that window or is it making a tone?

For the sound does it just instantly jump to 100% or does it look like the volume key is being pressed and gradually but rapidly moving up to 100% Also in particular with games, they can control their audio independently through DirectX DirectSound provided there is some volume at the OS level.

As far as the taskbar, is this problem specifically with multi-windowed programs or is it with programs with one window and what is it not doing? Not bringing the window to the front and focusing on that window or is it making a tone?

For the sound does it just instantly jump to 100% or does it look like the volume key is being pressed and gradually but rapidly moving up to 100% Also in particular with games, they can control their audio independently through DirectX DirectSound provided there is some volume at the OS level.

Taskbar: It would be mostly for multi-windowed programs like google chrome if I would have 2 windows of it on. But also if I hover on it and press the close button in that taskbar window it won't close for me.

And for the sound: It does not change to 100% automatically but increases over time (just like you said the volume key being pressed) but I got an older version of my keyboard (before windows 7 was available) and doesn't have those functions.

You might want to try this program I uploaded here. Volume keeps going to 100% to see if the keyboard is generating VolUp keys. The program does need focus to capture the events. Your taskbar might be corrupt have you tried to repair Windows. From an elevated command prompt run the following
  • sfc /scannow
  • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

You might want to try this program I uploaded here. Volume keeps going to 100% to see if the keyboard is generating VolUp keys. The program does need focus to capture the events. Your taskbar might be corrupt have you tried to repair Windows. From an elevated command prompt run the following
  • sfc /scannow
  • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

It came with the following message for the Volume: "Key: VolumeUp Modifies:None"

Edit: I am now working on the repair. See if it works.

So something is generating volume key key presses, do you have a different keyboard you can try?

So something is generating volume key key presses, do you have a different keyboard you can try?

I should have also probably mentioned that I tried to turn off and also uninstal the keyboard connected to my PC after the keybind program. It still kept on going with the Volume.
And I did the SFC /scannow and it said it DOES have files which are not correct but somehow cannot fix them.

Any program could easily be sending the volume key press event. I think at this point you might need to use a process of elimination by killing processes until the Vol Up stops. I re-wrote the keyboard capture program, this one will work without focus. It does use a keyboard hook, so your AV might try and block it. If you want to pause the capture just double click in the window, the same will restart capture.

Attachments

• GlobalHook.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 121
Any program could easily be sending the volume key press event. I think at this point you might need to use a process of elimination by killing processes until the Vol Up stops. I re-wrote the keyboard capture program, this one will work without focus. It does use a keyboard hook, so your AV might try and block it. If you want to pause the capture just double click in the window, the same will restart capture.

It said something about VKey_VolumeUp being pressed all the time.

My dad just borrowed me his keyboard I connected it but nothing really happend. I pressed the sleep button on it by accident and when I logged in again all those problems (Volume and Taskbar problem) were suddenly gone. I don't know how but I think it was fixed when I hit that sleep mode button. And by the guess of it I think that taskbar problem was because of the constant volume increase. Anyway it is fixed now so thank you so much for the help. If anything wrong happens again I could always count on you guys :up:

It said something about VKey_VolumeUp being pressed all the time.

My dad just borrowed me his keyboard I connected it but nothing really happend. I pressed the sleep button on it by accident and when I logged in again all those problems (Volume and Taskbar problem) were suddenly gone. I don't know how but I think it was fixed when I hit that sleep mode button. And by the guess of it I think that taskbar problem was because of the constant volume increase. Anyway it is fixed now so thank you so much for the help. If anything wrong happens again I could always count on you guys :up:

I just logged in with my PC again and it seemed even though I had my dad's keyboard connected it still did the volume up thing. I put my PC in sleep mode then logged back in and it seems to work as normal again. No volume and taskbar problem. I don't know how the Sleep Mode fixed it but it did. Thanks for all the help Neemobeer.

Back
Top Bottom