Windows 7 WINDOWS 7 32-bit brightness problem!

sandeshbaheti

I have a samsung N150 plus windows 7 laptop...
been over 3 months since i got this new one!
and i haven't been able to reduce the brightness of the screen a BIT!! at all..! which inturn is eating up my battery! :mad: this started happening couple of weeks back.. i tried everything like restarting and going to control pannel etc! NOTHING works man! feels irritating to have your battery reduced sooo drastically!

I would be grateful if ANYBODY could help me out with this! thnx! :D

Does your laptops BIOS have controls for LCD brightness on and off of battery?

Well umm i am sorta a young user to these technical terms though! so sorry couldn't get that...
what i could figure out from that post of your josephur -
My laptop is stuck on a constant high brightness setting either it is on battery or on power supply! doesn't seem to reduce at all!

Your BIOS is accessed before your operating system boots (Windows). At your laptops "logo" or BIOS screen it should say Press F2 to enter setup (or some other F key perhaps). You can enter your BIOS and look for the setting I mentioned, but be careful not to change any other settings in here!

oh yeah thanks for that BIOS help though! :)
and yeah there was display brightness option for on and off battery and i put it to user control!
and still there doesn't seem to be much change!
I still can't reduce the brightness!! its stuck at a high! hmph!

I have a samsung N150 plus windows 7 laptop...
been over 3 months since i got this new one!
and i haven't been able to reduce the brightness of the screen a BIT!! at all..! which inturn is eating up my battery! :mad: this started happening couple of weeks back.. i tried everything like restarting and going to control pannel etc! NOTHING works man! feels irritating to have your battery reduced sooo drastically!

I would be grateful if ANYBODY could help me out with this! thnx! :D

Have you tried the Fn key on your keyboard? That in combination with another key (often the up/down arrows or one of the F keys) allows you to change the brightness as well. Recent driver and firmware updates may also be the culprit. Just my thoughts.

Welcome to the forum :)

Hi

This is a common problem with the samsung N150, I have seen many people complaining and Samsung keeps saying that they are working on a fix for it. I got this from Samsung...

You can adjust the brightness on Samsung netbooks at boot time by changing the settings in the BIOS for brightness to 'user controlled'.

Once that's done, you can change the brightness while the bootloader is shown. of course, this is just a workaround and not a fix.

This was 6 months ago and I haven't seen anything yet that says that they do have a fix.

Mike

oh i haven't tried reducing it while the boot loader is on either! so lemme check with that.!
and thanx for that info! :) but i wonder how to just get on with it man!
its just eating up my battery pretty quickly! dang! hmph!

Back