Windows 7 Windows 7 64-bit crashes when i return to my computer after sleep/hibernate

Gavin Jackson

Hi,

My Windows 7 64-bit laptop crashes when I return to my computer after sleep/hibernate.

I am not sure of the problem, I cannot set up symbols on MS debugger (after many attempts) so would really appreciate it if someone could do an analysis of the attached mini dump.

I have attached screenshots of cpu-z (both tabs) and my event viewer which lists 24 critical failures, all event ID 41:

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Gavin

p.s. Dunno if this is important but the machine is a Sony Vaio but I have uninstalled all sony bloat ware (except Vaio Control Center)

Attachments

• 071311-30981-01.dmp
    702.4 KB · Views: 658
  • cpu-z.jpg
    cpu-z.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 670
  • eventViewer.jpg
    eventViewer.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 722
Hi,

My Windows 7 64-bit laptop crashes when I return to my computer after sleep/hibernate.

I am not sure of the problem, I cannot set up symbols on MS debugger (after many attempts) so would really appreciate it if someone could do an analysis of the attached mini dump.

I have attached screenshots of cpu-z (both tabs) and my event viewer which lists 24 critical failures, all event ID 41:

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Gavin

p.s. Dunno if this is important but the machine is a Sony Vaio but I have uninstalled all sony bloat ware (except Vaio Control Center)

This was Related to Link Removed - Invalid URL Wireless WiFi Link Driver from Intel Corporation. I would re-install it with newest driver.

hi zigzag thanks for checking my minidump out for me, I installed new drivers for my wifi adapter but have just come back from lunch and found that my pc bsod'd on me again.

checking the event logs its the same event thats being reported when my computer bricks.

Event Id 41, BugCheckCode 159

I've attached another mini dump and it would be great if you could have a look and see if its reporting a new error or maybe my driver install didn't work properly

Attachments

• 071411-40107-01.zip
    95.7 KB · Views: 220
hi zigzag thanks for checking my minidump out for me, I installed new drivers for my wifi adapter but have just come back from lunch and found that my pc bsod'd on me again.

checking the event logs its the same event thats being reported when my computer bricks.

Event Id 41, BugCheckCode 159

I've attached another mini dump and it would be great if you could have a look and see if its reporting a new error or maybe my driver install didn't work properly

Sorry to tell you but still your network driver

Code:
Executable search path is: 
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03661000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038a6650
Debug session time: Thu Jul 14 07:39:18.105 2011 (GMT-4)
[COLOR=#ff0000]System Uptime: 0 days 3:40:59.136[/COLOR]
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8005c4d060, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa8008b245f0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
[COLOR=#ff0000]Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys[/COLOR]

I did think the installation of the new drivers freezing for ages wasn't a good sign, i checked device manager and it was stating that my driver was from 2010. After several attempts I have managed to update my wifi drivers (see attached screenshot of device manager).

I came back to my computer this morning and it had bsod'd again.

Could you have another check of my minidump and see if its the same file that is misbehaving or a whole new one (I am kinda hoping for the latter) otherwise I'm gonna have to go through the pain of updating my wifi driver again.

your help is much appreciated

Attachments

• 071511-64568-01.zip
    96.5 KB · Views: 228
  • deviceManager.jpg
    deviceManager.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 703
Back
Top Bottom