Windows 7 Windows 7, 64 Bit experiment....

For anyone having trouble with the drivers...have you tried Vista compatibility mode? That has always worked for me.

Yes I did try that but it wouldn't work. I have it running now though.

I had the same problem with Vista when it came out. The compatibility program wouldn't work.

In other news, I'm enjoying W7x64 Bit, I have 4 gigs of memory installed, and now Windows can access it all instead of just 3.25 gigs, so that's about a 20% bonus for me. I'm getting a couple of hiccups once in awhile, and that may be because of old software, but Windows 7 has been very stable for the most part.

The compatibility program is working for me on other older software programs very well, so I'm very happy about that. Just about everything I throw at W7 seems to work, sometimes with the compatibility program, sometimes it's not even needed.

I'm still learning something about W7 every day. Like how easy it is to get Windows Media Player to access my music, video and picture files, by right clicking on the respective icon node in the WMP's library, and using the Manage (Music, Video, picture, TV programs) Library feature. Once you know it's available and how to use it, it works sooooo smooth !! It's really nice !!

I've even installed Adobe's Audition 1.5 and 3.0, and they both work great. The 1.5 version is an older version that doesn't require an online activation, so to get away from the nagware in 3.0, I'll be using AA 1.5 for the duration of the beta test.

:)

I have to say, I love W7x64. It does seem to work just right out of the box (or ISO in this case). The only problem I've had so far is with the Zune software not seeing my videos, even though it picks up my music just fine. Now, if I can just get hold of build 7032 x64, that would be awesome. :eek:

I have to say, I love W7x64. It does seem to work just right out of the box (or ISO in this case). The only problem I've had so far is with the Zune software not seeing my videos, even though it picks up my music just fine. Now, if I can just get hold of build 7032 x64, that would be awesome. :eek:
I have very little brain power, haha, I admit it. Linux & MS show my machine is 64 bit, but both operate/function like crud @ 64 but fine @ 32. I do not know why and don't really care. I would care if it were 512 running at 32. (ect) Sorta like GPU's, big difference since 16 bit days...... I do know a lil' about MS kernel manuplilation. Just a lil'. This Windows 7 is just f*cking awesome...... I dig it. I respect whole heartly the folks that made this OS. My hat of respect is off to you!! Keep it up. Lay 'em straight & true and you'll never want for work. (bricklayer talk) Darryl...

I go back and fourth between AA1.5 and AA3.0. I have both on my computer, but both have one very large problem for me.

AA1.5 does not support VSTi Plugins, so I cannot record MIDI with it.

AA3.0 Automatically saves the files you record regardless of what you delete or don't delete along the way, so if I have to do any retakes (And I ALWAYS have to... Multiple times), The folders it stores them in end up being 10x the size they should've been, so my Hard Drives are becoming quite cramped at the moment.

I am quite glad you mentioned installing AA1.5 because I was debating switching back to it, and just using Acid 6.0Pro for MIDI recording. Did you have to run it in compatibility mode?

I go back and fourth between AA1.5 and AA3.0. I have both on my computer, but both have one very large problem for me.

AA1.5 does not support VSTi Plugins, so I cannot record MIDI with it.

AA3.0 Automatically saves the files you record regardless of what you delete or don't delete along the way, so if I have to do any retakes (And I ALWAYS have to... Multiple times), The folders it stores them in end up being 10x the size they should've been, so my Hard Drives are becoming quite cramped at the moment.

I am quite glad you mentioned installing AA1.5 because I was debating switching back to it, and just using Acid 6.0Pro for MIDI recording. Did you have to run it in compatibility mode?

No I didn't have to run either one in the compatibilty mode. They both worked just fine with Windows 7. For MIDI recording, I use Sonar Home Studio 6 XL. I don't do much MIDI recording anymore, but at least I have the capability if I want to. Before I got Sonar, I would just record the analog signal of my sound modules directly into Audition 1.5 and that worked pretty well.

I'm glad to have AA 1.5 back as I forgot what a straight forward, easy to use program it is.

Update... I just installed the 64 bit version of Sonar Home Studio 6 XL on my 64 bit hard drive, and it works beautifully !!

Yeah I figured you might run into that problem eventually. I had that problem right from the start, and it was frustrating at first trying to figure out what was going on... that's why I mentioned it.

Okay so I'm hearing from some people that 64 bit is the OS of the future, so I decided to try it out.

So I downloaded the 64 bit version of W7, bought a new hard drive just for this, installed it, and it runs just as good as the 32 bit version. Not much difference except my sound card drivers won't install because Windows 64 Bit insists on having signed drivers. The drivers for the 32 bit version work just fine.

Adobe Audition 3 seems to be working although I have no sound.

So here we go again with driver problems. So at this time I'll be going back to W7 32 bit version and use the new hard drive for back up/storage, or future experiments with the W7 64 bit OS.

So now I know.

Lets just keep on track here and not blame MS (Vista-W7) for driver incompatibility issues. Marvel, creative...and all other driver companies need to get there act together for 64 bit.

Back