Windows 7 Windows 7 64 bit update causing major problems

Richardc0077

Hi All

I have had windows 7 64 bit ulitmate for the last 2 yrs with no problems untill i installed the latest update when all hell broke loose.

problem 1. mouse keeps disappering

problem 2 i get disconnected from the wifi modem

problem 3 some for the games drop out after running for a couple minutes and places the game in the bottom tool bar

problem 4 frequent blue screens on startup.

when i spoke to tech support they want to charge me $149.00 to repair these problems. I have now spoken to NSW Fair trading about this matter. They say they have had a lot of enquires about this matter and the department are looking into it.

does any one have a answer for this problem.

I have now installed linux as a second OS and every thing is running fine but windows is still giving problems when i switch to windows

Many thanks

Richard

If you know for certain which the update causing problems is -which was it-, you can undo it from Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update\View update history

I would however advice to first check Restoration Points at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery - I find that to be more reliable. It will also notify you which programs may be inflected.

Best of all.

Last edited:
I think MS had a bad update earlier this month then issued a fix for it. Try checking Windows Update.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom