Windows 7 Windows 7 7100 x64 freeze on install

itsmeh

It gets to about 23% and freezes, the system reboots, it brings up the menu to go to safe mode or continue normal, if i select normal, its a reboot loop. Currently I'm trying to use 7077 to see if it makes a difference, i see some people had issues with using a dvi monitor on this current build, casuing the freezing.

Proc : c2d E6400 stock speed 2ghz
Ram: 1gb crucial ballastix (not overclocked) running at 800mhz (the board wont support the speeds the ram is supposed to run at, so it selects the fastest speed it will accept with is 800mhz)
motherboard: ecs gf7100pvt-m3 (its a piece of s*&^)

all parts are brand new, its been running xp fine, without any issue, i have prime 95ed it day/night no problems, temps are fine, as it is not overclocked

Ram speeds are set to auto, it could possibly be an nvidia problem?

" Correction"

7077 makes it to 100% and then puts me in the reboot loop, will try vista 64

Last edited:
It gets to about 23% and freezes, the system reboots, it brings up the menu to go to safe mode or continue normal, if i select normal, its a reboot loop. Currently I'm trying to use 7077 to see if it makes a difference, i see some people had issues with using a dvi monitor on this current build, casuing the freezing.

Proc : c2d E6400 stock speed 2ghz
Ram: 1gb crucial ballastix (not overclocked) running at 800mhz (the board wont support the speeds the ram is supposed to run at, so it selects the fastest speed it will accept with is 800mhz)
motherboard: ecs gf7100pvt-m3 (its a piece of s*&^)

all parts are brand new, its been running xp fine, without any issue, i have prime 95ed it day/night no problems, temps are fine, as it is not overclocked

Ram speeds are set to auto, it could possibly be an nvidia problem?

" Correction"

7077 makes it to 100% and then puts me in the reboot loop, will try vista 64
sounds like you're kinda pushing the minimums for install?

minimums? lol windows 7 is running on my brothers 1ghz pentium M tablet with 512 megs of ram and a 20 gb hd without issue.

Why would it not run on a 64bit E6400 core2duo with 1gb of ram and a 300 gb sata harddrive? Sure, its an ECS motherboard thats cheap, it runs the ran in single channel mode But that should not be the problem. As the mobo was created as vista ready.

Others have reported the issue as well , possible issue with dvi nvidia drivers

minimums? lol windows 7 is running on my brothers 1ghz pentium M tablet with 512 megs of ram and a 20 gb hd without issue.

Why would it not run on a 64bit E6400 core2duo with 1gb of ram and a 300 gb sata harddrive? Sure, its an ECS motherboard thats cheap, it runs the ran in single channel mode But that should not be the problem. As the mobo was created as vista ready.

Others have reported the issue as well , possible issue with dvi nvidia drivers
don't know bro... ?

Good Morning! I was having issues with the graphics (MSI GTX280). That was with the Nvidia driver Windows wanted to use. I went to the Nvidia website and installed their driver for Windows 7 64bit and all is fine now. Perhaps you could try that?

My problem is i can't install the OS at all, i get reboot loops, or freezing while expanding. If it manages to complete , it reboots (as its supposed to) then brings up a screen "windows did not shut down properly" you can select start normal, and it will just reboot over and over to the same screen

if you select safe mode, it will try to finish loading setup but will bring up a box telling you it can't complete the install from safe mode

Same Problem

I have the same problem. After running install and the final restart, the computer just hangs. The screen is blank but there is a visible "Windows 7 Evaluation copy Build 7100" logo on the bottom right of the screen. Restarting in safe mood results in the same problem you're having with it not wanting to finish setup in that mode. You wouldn't happen to be running it in raid array of any type would you. My next idea is to try on just an install on a vanilla sata hd drive.

system specs

Guess my specs didn't pop up on the last thread

System Manufacturer/Model Number Home Built
OS Windows Vista x64,Windows 7 x64 Build 7100
CPU Core i7 920 overclocked 3.2ghz
Motherboard Foxconn Blood Rage
Memory OCZ 6 GB
Graphics Card GeForce 260 GTX CORE 216
Monitor Acer H21
Screen Resolution 1900x1080
Mouse Logitech G5
PSU 750 watt
Case Apevia
Cooling Cooler Master V8
Hard Drives Maxtor 2x 200 GB 7200 Raid 0 array =386 GB, 1TB Samsung 7200

win 7

Even with the RC its the same problem, I think it has to do with the Nvidia sata drivers, since my board is nvidia everything nforce, I think is the problem

Back