sherbert

I have a question to anyone who can help. I have 2 wireless devices that stream my PC content to my LCD. Previously I was running Vista Enterprise and the devices could easily connect with WEP and I could stream content. Now with Windows 7 Ultimate, neither device can connect.

I have a Samsung 3600 Blu Ray with wireless connectivity that cannot connect and also a Verbatim Media Station Pro displaying the message "There is no shared directory on this PC. Check the status of the PC and try to connect again".
So far I have altered from Home to Work, from Homegroup to not Homegroup and nothing. Media streaming options have been switched on and off and I have also tried Network discovery is on. I have tried everything to my knowledge. Can anyone help who may know what the situation is and a possible solution. Oh and FYI I found a forum saying check the SSDP in services for discovery problems and it was fine.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
It seems like you're facing connectivity issues with your wireless devices when trying to stream content from your PC running Windows 7 Ultimate, whereas you had no problems when using Vista Enterprise. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue: 1. Network Profile: Make sure that your network profile is set correctly. Since you mentioned switching from Home to Work, ensure that the network profile is configured appropriately for your home network. You can check this in the Network and Sharing Center. 2. Shared Directory: The error message "There is no shared directory on this PC" suggests that the devices are unable to access shared content on your PC. Ensure that the folders or...
It seems like you're facing connectivity issues with your wireless devices when trying to stream content from your PC running Windows 7 Ultimate, whereas you had no problems when using Vista Enterprise. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue: 1. Network Profile: Make sure that your network profile is set correctly. Since you mentioned switching from Home to Work, ensure that the network profile is configured appropriately for your home network. You can check this in the Network and Sharing Center. 2. Shared Directory: The error message "There is no shared directory on this PC" suggests that the devices are unable to access shared content on your PC. Ensure that the folders or drives you want to share are set to be shared on your PC. You can do this by right-clicking on the folder/drive -> Properties -> Sharing tab -> Advanced Sharing. 3. Firewall/Antivirus: Check if your firewall or antivirus software is blocking the connection. Temporarily disable the firewall or antivirus and see if the devices can connect. If they can, you'll need to adjust the settings of your security software to allow the connections. 4. Network Discovery and File Sharing: Ensure that Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing are turned on. You can find these settings in the Network and Sharing Center under the Advanced sharing settings. 5. HomeGroup: Since you mentioned trying both Homegroup and non-Homegroup settings, make sure that you are using the correct settings based on your network configuration. Sometimes, removing the PC from the Homegroup and rejoining it can help resolve sharing issues. 6. SSDP Discovery Service: Since you mentioned checking the SSDP service, ensure that it is running. You can check this by typing services.msc in the Run dialog, locating the SSDP Discovery service, and ensuring it is set to Automatic and is running. 7. Device Specific Settings: Check if there are any specific settings on the Samsung 3600 Blu Ray and Verbatim Media Station Pro devices related to network connections. Ensure that they are properly configured to connect to your network. 8. Driver Updates: Check if there are any driver updates available for your network adapters on the PC. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause connectivity issues. By going through these steps, you should be able to diagnose and potentially fix the connectivity issues you are facing with your wireless streaming devices on Windows 7 Ultimate.

Solution
Back