Windows 7 Windows 7 and the aero theme

eye_share

Great to be a new member here!

I avoided Vista at all costs and feel a pleasant warm feeling when booting XP.

But this beta is great and installs everything I through at it so far and looks good and runs fast.

I haven't installed the aero theme, but the Windows theme that came with it seems to have the transparent windows, does the neat logo+tab windows scrolling thing and more.

Is the Vista aero theme eye candy built into the Win 7 basic theme?

Would I get more if I installed the aero theme from vista

Thanks for any help with this

eye_share

:)

P.s is this available in win 7 because I can't seem to get there?

• go to your desktop. In any blank area, right click.
• scroll down to “personalize” and click.
• a dialogue box will come up that says: “Personalize appearance and sounds.” Right below it are seven headers. Choose “theme” which is the sixth item, or second to the last item.
• a dialog box appears with the title “theme settings.”
• under “theme”, you have a small box with a drop down menu. If you click on the arrow, Windows Vista gives you four choices: current theme, Windows Vista, Windows Classic and browse (the browse option allows you to get a theme that you saved in a specific folder. When you choose browse, Vista automatically takes you to your downloads folder where you saved the theme).
• when you click on any of the four choices, you get a preview of the theme. Choose one by clicking “apply” or “OK”. If you don’t like any of what you see and decide to stick to what you have, simply click “cancel” or close the dialog box.

If so how to get there in win 7

Last edited:
Aero isn't so much a "Theme" as it is just a feature of Vista and Windows 7. But it may have turned it self off when your computer went through the Rateings Test. If your hardware is powerful enough to push it around, because lets behonest...no eyecandy is prodcutive as much as it is resource intensive. You maybe able to force it on by Right clicking and going to Personalize, then click on "Window Color" at the bottom of the screen. Then check the box that says "transparency" This will alow you to adjust the apacity of the taskbar and title bars, and even change the colors. I have mine set to change with the backgrounds now that 7 Rotates those things for you. But seriously...it is a resrouce hog. I would definately recomend haveing an above par Graphics Card, or a strong processor and memory.

Hope this helps, if it even comes close to what you need.

Great to be a new member here!

I avoided Vista at all costs and feel a pleasant warm feeling when booting XP.

But this beta is great and installs everything I through at it so far and looks good and runs fast.

I haven't installed the aero theme, but the Windows theme that came with it seems to have the transparent windows, does the neat logo+tab windows scrolling thing and more.

Is the Vista aero theme eye candy built into the Win 7 basic theme?

Would I get more if I installed the aero theme from vista

Thanks for any help with this

eye_share

:)

P.s is this available in win 7 because I can't seem to get there?

• go to your desktop. In any blank area, right click.
• scroll down to “personalizeâ€Â￾ and click.
• a dialogue box will come up that says: “Personalize appearance and sounds.â€Â￾ Right below it are seven headers. Choose “themeâ€Â￾ which is the sixth item, or second to the last item.
• a dialog box appears with the title “theme settings.â€Â￾
• under “themeâ€Â￾, you have a small box with a drop down menu. If you click on the arrow, Windows Vista gives you four choices: current theme, Windows Vista, Windows Classic and browse (the browse option allows you to get a theme that you saved in a specific folder. When you choose browse, Vista automatically takes you to your downloads folder where you saved the theme).
• when you click on any of the four choices, you get a preview of the theme. Choose one by clicking “applyâ€Â￾ or “OKâ€Â￾. If you don’t like any of what you see and decide to stick to what you have, simply click “cancelâ€Â￾ or close the dialog box.

If so how to get there in win 7

Glad to hear that your diggin Windows 7! It is definitly looking like a winner! What build do you have? I only ask because I'm pretty sure the Beta hasn't actually been released yet... If your using Build 6801 it's only an Alpha! Which says alot seeing as it's so damn good already! :)

awesome

Everyone is totally digging windows 7. I believe this is what microsoft needs in order for them to kill apple. For gosh sake apple stole their task bar from Windows 1 and everyone blames microsoft in windows 7 for stealing their taskbar from apple. What a coincidence.

Everyone is totally digging windows 7. I believe this is what microsoft needs in order for them to kill apple. For gosh sake apple stole their task bar from Windows 1 and everyone blames microsoft in windows 7 for stealing their taskbar from apple. What a coincidence.

Isn't it though... it's funny how it's always the same "they stole..." story whenever MS brings out a new OS, but ya never seem to hear as much or any "they stole..." towards Mac when they bring out a new OS... I guess it's just one of those annoying never ending arguments. It's just too bad when a Mac crashes your screwed, there's no chance of saving your work if you didn't do it prior to the crash, whereas in Windows you at least have a chance of saving your work before having to reboot.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom