Windows 7 Windows 7 BSODs during start up repair? Help! :)

spy4561

So one day, I went to use my computer, and to my surprise, random BSOD. So I restarted it. Then it doesn't boot.. Goes into start up repair, does all its stuff, suggests to restore from backup. So I try that, then I get this error :

photo.jpg < ( Click it )

So I try again, now when I run start up repair, I get the BSOD. Now I have no idea what to do next, so if anyone knows, it be a great help! :D

Oh and I have Win 7 Sp1
AMD Processor, Phenoem X4 955
8Gb ram

If I have to dump any more information let me know .

Last edited:
Hi,

Please read the thread here: http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html and post the results. It makes it much easier to help you this way.

Just going by what you posted already though:

These actions might prevent an error like this from happening again:

1.Download and install updates and device drivers for your computer from Windows Update.

2.Scan your computer for computer viruses.

3.Check your hard disk for errors.

Reference:

Bug Check 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Well here's all the stuff requested, sorry it took me sooo long to reply.

Capture.png

Capture2.png

Capture3.png

Capture4.png

Capture5.png

Capture6.png

Capture7.png

Also the attached SF Diagnostic and the Rammon SPD info.

I'm on the computer right now, however I can get it to work about once a day, but when I restart, I get the BSOD and get put in the Windows RE. So it's weird how it'll work for a bit then all of a sudden go bad.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 270
  • RAMMon - SPD Info.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 173
Hi,
thanks for posting the above.

The bsod was caused by your Realtek HD driver which I notice is out of date. Also your Realtek network driver is out of date too. Please update these drivers along with anything else that may need updating.
You bios needs updating too: ASRock > Products > 970 Extreme3
Please ensure the above is correct for your motherboard. I also notice your running AVG. This is known to cause issues ie bsods. Try using MSE from Microsoft as it's free and good at it's job: Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Hi,
thanks for posting the above.

The bsod was caused by your Realtek HD driver which I notice is out of date. Also your Realtek network driver is out of date too. Please update these drivers along with anything else that may need updating.
You bios needs updating too: ASRock > Products > 970 Extreme3
Please ensure the above is correct for your motherboard. I also notice your running AVG. This is known to cause issues ie bsods. Try using MSE from Microsoft as it's free and good at it's job: Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Thanks for the response! I already knew about the Realtk HD driver, however when Windows searches for an update, it says it's already up to date. I will update my Bios when i can get back on that computer again, it'll let me on for a few hours at a time sometimes if I'm lucky. Also I'll get rid of AVG as soon as I can.

Thanks! I'll let you know if it gets working again! :thumbs_up:

Hi, If you check our update section you'll find links for Realtek. Using Windows Update for drivers can be a little hit and miss especially as your control over which version is installed is a little limited.

Hi, If you check our update section you'll find links for Realtek. Using Windows Update for drivers can be a little hit and miss especially as your control over which version is installed is a little limited.

Well after updating all that I needed to, all the realtek drivers and my bios, uninstalling AVG, my computer worked for about half a day. Then I left it on downloading something overnight like I have so many times before, wake up to the Windows RE. So I'm not sure what it is this time, if it's still the realtek drivers I guess I should uninstall them and get new audio & network drivers? If I need to dump any more info let me know.

Thanks.

Hi, that's dated the 18th. Do you have something from after you've updated?

Hi, that's dated the 18th. Do you have something from after you've updated?
That's weird, I just re-dumped all that today at like 12 O'clock? Next time it Blue screens, I'll take a photo and re dump. see what comes up then I guess.

Anyway, I redumped everything and I uninstalled the realtek drivers. Heres the stuff :

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 426
Thanks.. Still the same. When you un-installed the Realtek drivers did you install the latest version? If this has made no difference then please test your RAM by either running on one stick at a time and trying to replicate the error. If it doesn't blue on one stick and does on another then you know the culprit. Or you could run this app Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool and again only test one stick at a time. You should test for at least 7/8 passes. I'm still seeing AVG in your dump file are you sure it's un-installed? Please check via add and remove programs.

Thanks.. Still the same. When you un-installed the Realtek drivers did you install the latest version? If this has made no difference then please test your RAM by either running on one stick at a time and trying to replicate the error. If it doesn't blue on one stick and does on another then you know the culprit. Or you could run this app Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool and again only test one stick at a time. You should test for at least 7/8 passes. I'm still seeing AVG in your dump file are you sure it's un-installed? Please check via add and remove programs.

Before I uninstalled them this time, last time; I uninstalled then installed the latest version. So I guess I'll have to test my RAM. AVG is definitely uninstalled in add & remove programs. I'll run the memtest with one stick at a time and see where I get. I can do it in safe mode I hope right?

Well it was one of my sticks of RAM. Now gotta go through the return process lol. Anyway, thanks for the helP!

Thank you for updating your thread. Good luck with the RMA and please post again if you need further help.

Back