Windows 7 Windows 7 can't connect to WLAN think it's IPv6 problem

Rick Haertle

I'm having a problem connecting to my WLAN on my ASUS g73jh. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I couldn't figure out what the problem was, even after searching around the internet for help. My dad, being the more tech savvy of us took a look at it and saw that the built in wireless uses IPv6. It uses a default IPv4 address which he said was bad. Neither of us have much experience with Windows 7, or Vista (hes used it a handful of times, and I have for the past couple of hours). I'm using ethernet right now, but when i go to college it will be quite necessary for me to use wireless. Any help on how I could configure my IPv4 address, to work with a router that can't use IPv6 is much appreciated.

Check here http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us make sure you are using the most current drivers.
They have an Intel 1000 and and Intel 6200 for your ASUS g73jh so make sure you get the correct one. It may be an even better idea to look at Intel and see if they have one that is even more recent. Check your router manufacturer and see if they have a firmware update for your router.
Type ipconfig /all at a command and post the results back in your next post. Also from a command prompt use the ping command, ping other network nodes by ipaddress, ping the inside edge of the router, ping an outside address 64.233.169.99 post back the results.

Back
Top Bottom