Windows 7 Windows 7 Crashes on install

kpro

Hi guys,

I am having some windows 7 installation problems

When ever I go to install my Windows 7 Ultimate version, it seems to get about 0 - 11% on expanding windows files and crashes. I have made seperate partitions, Ive tried pulling out ram. UNfortunately, Im not a computer technician, so I don't know what to do..

I have wiped my HDD. and still nothing..

Does anyone have some answers?

Quick replies if possible

Last edited:
Which version, which build, what hardware and how much hard disk space have you allowed for your W7 installation.

You need to be a bit more specific if you want people to try and solve the problem.
It's actually WORSE than taking your car into a garage and then saying "It doesn't work" because at least the technicians can see and play with the actual hardware (your car).

On boards people are "working Blind" so need at least basic information to help other people.

In general W7 installs fine on almost ANY machine assuming your install disk isn't "contaminated" in any way.

Cheers
jimbo

Which version, which build, what hardware and how much hard disk space have you allowed for your W7 installation.

You need to be a bit more specific if you want people to try and solve the problem.
It's actually WORSE than taking your car into a garage and then saying "It doesn't work" because at least the technicians can see and play with the actual hardware (your car).

On boards people are "working Blind" so need at least basic information to help other people.

In general W7 installs fine on almost ANY machine assuming your install disk isn't "contaminated" in any way.

Cheers
jimbo

The version and build im unsure of. I got it off a mate that downloaded the beta. How do i find this out?

Hardware:

CPU: Intel Core 2 6600, 2.4ghz
RAM: 4gb XMS2 DDR2 PC6400
HDD: 320gb

HDD space for windows: 15gb.

Try giving the Windows partition 20 - 25 GB. Don't forget at install time it needs some extra space for temporary storage - these files are removed during the install process,

You might find 15 GB just a tad too small.

Cheers
jimbo

Another thing you might consider is the computer BIOS. I had problems on a 3-4 yr old HP until I upgraded the BIOS to the latest version. I assume the problem was with graphics or perhaps the SATA driver. Anyway make sure BIOS is latest.

The version and build im unsure of. I got it off a mate that downloaded the beta. How do i find this out?

Hardware:

CPU: Intel Core 2 6600, 2.4ghz
RAM: 4gb XMS2 DDR2 PC6400
HDD: 320gb

HDD space for windows: 15gb.

Some important items missing in your SPECS that might give a clue are:
  1. EXACT make and Model of your Motherboard, Video card, Network adapters or contrlollers [Ethernet (and Wireless if present) ]and Sound card if the PC is custom built,
  2. Make and Model of the computer if it is a Brand Name computer . This information is often displayed on the chassis of the computer, often at the back on a sticker .
The above information along with some search using that data on the part of those who answer your question would give them information about any hardware and/or BIOS problems capable of causing the Setup issue you are facing and hopefully specfic suggestions will come from that effort.

A lot of people are turned off if there is not enough information in the post about the system, a good description about the problem and what led to that symptom -all important to make a logical deduction on possible diagnosis of the condition causing the symptom. Unless someone else has had the EXACT problem and they had solved it and is reading and able to help, it is a logical step wise diagnostic process that is needed to troubleshoot. I am sure a lot of guys will be willing to help.

Not that these will have a problem, but...

Motherboard:

Make - Foxconn
Model - 965x7aa

Video Card - Nvidia 8600 GT

Network Adaptors - (on board?) Generic Marvall Yukon Chipset Based Ethernet Controller

Sound Card - Again onboard..... Realtek High Def Audio...

Just for the info, My bios is up to date.

Last edited:
Not that these will have a problem, but...

Motherboard:

Make - Foxconn
Model - 965x7aa

Video Card - Nvidia 8600 GT

Network Adaptors - (on board?) Generic Marvall Yukon Chipset Based Ethernet Controller

Sound Card - Again onboard..... Realtek High Def Audio...

It is only a suggestion but have you tried to install the windows 7 disk on another computer to see if the disk is viable ?

I have a foxconn mother board and have had no problems with windows7 . I really think the installation disk could be the problem . Always burn ISO at slowest rate possible . Hope that has helped :)

Back