Windows 7 Windows 7 Display Glitch

arlo89

Hi, I am having a very annoying problem after I installed windows 7.
When I open applications or switch around windows / tabs I get these strange horizontal line fragments across the top of the screen.. It's like I was receiving static interference. Which is strange since I am not using a CRT monitor.
I have looked for help everywhere.

I use a 21.5 inch LG LCD Monitor. Resolution is 1920 x 1080.
My graphics card is a ATI radeon 4670 HD.
Running Windows 7 ultimate x64.

I have installed all of the latest drivers.

I used to have Windows Vista ultimate (64-bit) installed and had no problems with the display.

This strange graphic anomaly only began after I installed windows 7.

I would post a screen shot but the occurrence of this glitch is erratic and very quick so it is hard to anticipate it.

I would really appreciate some help on this.

Thank you.

Do you have this problem at any screen resolution ?

How is your monitor connected (hdmi, vga) ?

This is not a CRT monitor, but anyway what frequency is it set ?

The problem persists at every resolution. I use a DVI connector.
The screen refresh rate is 59 hertz.

I was trying different things out before and I uninstalled the driver for my graphics card. After that, the screen's resolution looked terrible obviously, but then I had
no glitches in terms of display. Which makes me think it is a compatibility issue between the graphics card and windows 7. Or the graphics driver software..

Also, when I am hovering my mouse cursor over the taskbar, small black/grey shadows (??) sometimes appear next to the application icons after I move my mouse through them. Which certainly look out of place.

But once again that didn't happen after I uninstalled the driver for the graphics card.

So strange, never happened in vista.

I appreciate the help!

If a different refresh rate is not available or does not help, I would suggest using VGA until there is a patch/update either from Microsoft or your monitor's manufacturer.

(Please be careful with unsupported refresh rates, as they can cause damage to your monitor and cancel your monitor warranty.)

Stay tuned, someone else may add on this problem.

The problem persists at every resolution. I use a DVI connector.
The screen refresh rate is 59 hertz.

I was trying different things out before and I uninstalled the driver for my graphics card. After that, the screen's resolution looked terrible obviously, but then I had
no glitches in terms of display. Which makes me think it is a compatibility issue between the graphics card and windows 7. Or the graphics driver software..

Also, when I am hovering my mouse cursor over the taskbar, small black/grey shadows (??) sometimes appear next to the application icons after I move my mouse through them. Which certainly look out of place.

But once again that didn't happen after I uninstalled the driver for the graphics card.

So strange, never happened in vista.

I appreciate the help!
Try a previous driver version. I doubt it is monitor I have a Lg 24 inch that is 3 years Old and works just fine with W7 64 bit.
Do you have different LCD monitor that you could try
Does your card have 2 dvi connections if so try the other one

Does it look anything like this? Because if it does, I have the same problem. Example 1..png

I have a very similar issue. I am using an old CRT monitor, but as soon as I turn areo off, everything's normal. Any new information? My video card is only 128 MB (Minimum) and it is using 700 MB shared memory. Thanks.

Back