Windows 7 Windows 7 does not shutdown the computer

mpoirier

When I click Shutdown button on start menu, Windows shutsdown but leaves the computer running.

Fresh install, updates installed, chipset drivers upto date.

Never experienced this with WinXP on same computer...

Check all other messages about same problem but no reply witsolution was posted.

Has this been solved somehow ?

Thanks,

Hi mpoirier :)

Note: Your power supply is always on so the start-button logic works so do you mean your fans are still running after Windows closes ?, first I would check your Power Plan Options and your BIOS settings.

In addition to power plan options as noted above the actual start menu power button has it's own properties which can be defined by right clicking any blank area of the taskbar and choosing properties, then select the Start Menu tab and use the drop down to select the actual options you want to define. See attachment.

Hi mpoirier :)

Note: Your power supply is always on so the start-button logic works so do you mean your fans are still running after Windows closes ?, first I would check your Power Plan Options and your BIOS settings.
I

I checked Power Plan = Balanced.

I see nothing that would prevent the computer to shutdown completly. Also I did not see how to disable Power Plans alltogether, I don't need it, it's a tower computer, not a laptop... :confused:

I did not change anything in the BIOS since I "upgraded" from WinXP, XP worked flawlessly with those settings...

???

In addition to power plan options as noted above the actual start menu power button has it's own properties which can be defined by right clicking any blank area of the taskbar and choosing properties, then select the Start Menu tab and use the drop down to select the actual options you want to define. See attachment.

Yes, somethime it is the simplest things, but the button action says "shutdown"...

Thanks,

michel

Mine is a desktop as well ... try > (also you have not filled out your spec - profile)

MWSnap00044-3.png

Last edited:
Back