Windows 7 Windows 7 does not start

fLUSH584

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I hope I will not break rules in my first post.

Some days ago I got a problem with my laptop. As first, my laptop crashed on the floor, while Windows 7 was running. But nothing happend, only started to run slowly. Some programs were not responding and I decided to force shutdown while pressing shutdown button on keyboard. And after that forced shutdown, I can't get into Windows 7. So I tried some things already. I tried to use system repair tool, but it can't start also. I can't get into safe mode, nor in any other mode in advanced boot options. When I try to start in safe mode, it start like this:

loaded: \windows\system32\blablabla...

and then, last line is:

loaded: \windows\system32\BOOTVID.dll and after that point it just says Please wait... but nothing is happening after 20-30mins.

If I try to start Windows normally, it just say Starting windows and then freeze.
If I try to launch system repair, i just see mouse pointer on black screen, and that last for hours. Nothing is happening.

So, as I have 2 partitions, I installed Linux on D partition and it just works great, and I see both partitions from Linux, so files are still there.

I have to say that i read this article:
Fix Windows 7 Does Not Start After Force Shutdown of Computer - KezNews.com
and I downloaded WIndows PE and launched it from bootable USB drive, but nothing happend. I wonder if I had to boot it from CD? But I think that's same.

Anybody can help?

Shot in the dark, but do you see a file called pending.xml in Windows\WinSxS, if so try renaming or deleting it, does this help?

Shot in the dark, but do you see a file called pending.xml in Windows\WinSxS, if so try renaming or deleting it, does this help?

I can't see that file in Windows\WinSxS root folder, maybe in subfolders?
When I start a search, I got result with name Pending.GRL? Not that? Also have PendingRenames and PendingDeletes folders.

I have not tried the PE fix, but if you need to boot from a USB device, you might need to change your bios to allow it.

Do you have a full version of Win 7 on DVD or a repair CD?

You are saying you cannot hit the F8 key and get into a Win 7 repair senario?

Does you laptop have a restore utility on the drive, if it came with Win 7 installed?

Having installed Linux, other procedures may be necessary to get back the normal boot sequence.

I have not tried the PE fix, but if you need to boot from a USB device, you might need to change your bios to allow it.

Do you have a full version of Win 7 on DVD or a repair CD?

You are saying you cannot hit the F8 key and get into a Win 7 repair senario?

Does you laptop have a restore utility on the drive, if it came with Win 7 installed?

Having installed Linux, other procedures may be necessary to get back the normal boot sequence.

I changed Boot settings to boot from USB, if you mean that?
No, currently, I don't have Win 7 on DVD nor repair CD.
I can hit F8, but I can not get in System repair because i got only mouse pointer on black screen. That's all what I see.

I have Acer Aspire 9300. I'm not sure about restore utillity, but it didn't came with Win 7 installed.

I installed Linux after I got this problem.

Anything helps?

Thank you both

Ok, so I have some updates on my problem.

If I try to start win 7, i get only this screen:

StartingWindows_thumb_60FECFB9.png

And that lasts for about 55mins - 1hour and then computer restart. The same thing happens when I try to launch Windows 7 with disable automatic restart feature. So it restarts after about 1 hour.

The problem is that I can't even launch System repair disc wich I downloaded from here:
Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs — The NeoSmart Files

When I try to launch system repair CD I get these screens:

VPC_03+loading+windows+7.jpg

after that:

Link Removed - Invalid URLwinvista_install_clean_002.jpg

and finally it stops on this screen:

windows-black-screen.jpg

That is the last screen I see, and it stops there. I can move cursor and keyboard also works, but nothing is happening. Do you have any ideas? I really need some help to make my laptop work.

So, recovery disc does not help. Safe mode doesn't work. Still need to try with Windows 7 DVD?
May it be hardware issue because laptop fall on the floor just before this problem happened? But I don't understand, if that's hardware issue, how is it possible that Linux works great?

I am not much of an expert on how a hard drive works, but dropping it might have damaged a portion where the Windows files or boot system is loaded and for some reason Windows cannot see what it needs to work.

The "Windows is loading files" screen shot could very well indicate a hard drive problem.

There are bootable utilities you can get to check the hard drive. One is Partition Wizard you can download for free. Another might be G-Parted, which is based on Linux. Checking the drive from outside an OS might show the actual problem. You might be able to repair a partition to get it working again.

If the above does not help, because of the scenario you have described, I would try installing a new hard drive and load Windows on that. If the unit is in warranty, perhaps the manufacturer would replace it.

If you have the ability, you might even check the hard drive in case a connection came loose.

Thank you very much.

Today I tried with Windows 7 DVD, and I got the same problem. My laptop could not boot Windows DVD, it stops on black screen with cursor. So I tried to replace my hard disk with my friend's hard disk, and everything was OK. So there is some hard disk problem. I don't know exactly what is the problem, but I send it to my laptop service and I will know tommorow what was the problem and I will post it here.

Back