Windows 7 Windows 7 Ethernet Controller Problem

tiburon

Ok there's probably already threads on this so I apologize for not searching first.
I'm extremely angered because I've been searching for over a day to find a solution.

I had XP, then installed 7.
All my drivers and whatnot are gone.
Everything's fine except for the Ethernet Controller. I can't connect to the internet on my PC to update the drivers, and I have no idea which driver I need.

If I can find it, I can transfer it via USB drive to my PC but I need help finding it.
The device manager says it's "Unknown".
I have an ECS ALIVE6100 VSTA Motherboard, and the card I have says "Intel Pulse H1012" which I found to be an Intel PCI 100 or something. I downloaded the drivers for that (Windows 7 x86) and at the end of installation says it cannot find that device.

I can get other information if needed. This PC is pretty much useless without internet connection, and with it I can continue to download my programs, etc.

So if anyone could help it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum Is it a card or is it built into the motherboard?

Last edited:
try this driver post back what happens thanks Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
try this intel driver i found some forums that say this might work make sure you change your OS from xp to 7 Link Removed - Invalid URL

wiat there is no driver coming up it is saying in box which i think means the orginal cd or something

was the computer custom built or do you have a make & model the Intel Pulse H1012 is one of the chips used on the card and it is used on many different cards it is not the model of that card is there any other info on the card thanks

That's the original one I tried.
The PROWIN732.exe. It gets to the end of installation and says "Cannot install drivers. No Intel(R) Adapters are present in this computer."

It was custom built.
I'm not sure where on the card to look, but on the chip with "Intel" it says "SB82558B L9451B43 SL2P4 (Copyright)1996".
There's also a sticker that reads "Compaq NC3120".

I will look around some more tommorow need to get some sleep I think it migt be a OEM card which finding a driver will be hard

Googling shows that there does seem to be a built in chip on that motherboard. It is the same one shown in Krypto's link?? Or here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

What us showing in the device manager as network/ethernet cards (Network adapters?

I guess there is a chip on there, but I was previously using a seperate card.
There are no adapters in the device manager, or even a network category.
"Other Devices" has "Ethernet Controller" with the error "Driver's not installed."

Thats thre one. Download the driver from Krypto's or my link, to a known folder, Unzip it or whatever. If it has an install, you can run it , possibly in comapatibility mode. Otherwise, go back to the device manager, open the "other " whic you have mentioned. Right click the device and then . Open the "Update driver" tab "Browse my computer...etc" and point to the folder where you have the downloaded drivers. See what happens.

Back