Windows 7 Windows 7 Fresh Install on Newly Built Machine

Boutain

Hi

I have recently had some problems with my PC

I needed to upgrade anyway, so I bought a new motherboard, new SATA HDD and a new copy of Windows 7 Home Premium.

I had problems with th initial install, it started hanging three quarters of the way through, I checked online and found that if I disconnected all USB connections it installed fine.

Now installed it won't load up correctly, or if it does it crashes almost straight away, it runs fine in safe mode, but I can't use Windows Update in safe mode :(

Rather than reinstall again I thought I'd check on here to see if there is something obvious I'm doing wrong?

I've got the feeling the problem may relate to the build rather than the software, but wanted to check if anyone had experienced similar problems?

Cheers

Matt :)

Sounds like you either have a driver causing you an issue or the bios needs updating on the motherboard. Once you disconnected all the USB connections did you run the install through again?

During the install the system reboots and then updates the registry settings, on reboot I removed the mouse (which is USB) and the install completed, I managed to install the drivers that came with the motherboard successfully, then I tred to run windows update and it crashed.

Lido you think it could be the build itself which is causing the problem?

Thanks for your help on this, it is much appreciated!

M :)

Your USB mouse should have been ok as such things are PnP or plug n play. When it means remove all USB hardware it's meaning stuff like printers and external drives.

Can you list your system spec although I doubt it's the actual build causing the problem. Personally I'd make sure that in your bios, that USB k'board and mouse are enabled (if you don't see such a setting then it's likely enabled by default). I'd also make sure your system bios is the latest version. I'd then run through the install again leaving your mouse and k'board attached..

Back
Top Bottom