Windows 7 windows 7 frozen at starup

Hulk

hi im a beginner in windows 7 just upgraded from windows vista.my problem started yesterday, when windows at startup it just goes black but i can see the cursor. it freeze there for so long that i have to restart again, even in safe mode is all black with the cursor. this what i have done before that, updated some windows updates. then it begun doing the black screen. any ideas anyone?

can someone pls move this post? i think i posted in the wrong section.thank you.:)

Last edited:
When in the boot process does it go black, before the Windows logo? And what type of cursor?

Have you changed your drive configuration or tried to install another OS?

Have you changed your video configuration, like card or connection to the monitor?

Was your upgrade a custom/clean install or an upgrade over Vista?

You may find info if you search for black screen with cursor.

it was a clean install in my laptop the cursor was thw windows orb until now i can not find a solution for it.i will try to search for a black screen. will post back. thanks

try this

boot pc

hold F8

select safemode with command prompt

in the box type

sfc /scannnow

once completed

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

once this has done

chkdsk /f /r

the pc wil have to reboot to check the disk but hopefully if its the MBR or masterboot record it will be repaired by the above commands

let me no how it goes

fixed it by safe mode with command prompt and the fixmbr repaired the masterboot record. thank you guys for your help. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom