Windows 7 Windows 7 Home edition update problems

deanhempshall

I bought my wife an Ex-display HP G62 laptop from Tesco direct 2 years ago, she has began to complain that it is running really slow. I've checked and it shows that there are updates for windows, however it will not even open windows update program.

I have a feeling that Tesco probably set up a seperate user with limited access rights & we are 'not allowed' to install updates. If i try to access device manager it says that i have insufficient rights.

Is there anyway to access or resolve this without formatting the laptop & starting from scratch? As i don't have the windows disc for reinstalling it.

Thanks

Dean

You can try an inplace install of if you have a legal win7 key, this will not affect your programs or data. But to be safe make drive image before attempting the inplace install. A legal copy of the win7 ISO can be obtained from :http://techdows.com/2011/07/downloa...h-sp1-iso-official-direct-download-links.html
To do the install from the windows desktop insert the win7 DVD and follow the instructions this will do a non destructive install.

Back
Top Bottom