Windows 7 Windows 7 installation problem!

Nilsshannon

Well, here's the story. I bought a new desktop computer yesterday with a preinstalled version a of windows 7 home premium. So when i had everything connected, mouse, keyboard, power etc, i switched on the power button. The first thing that comes up is a picture of ASUS (i have an asus motherboard) and down at the bottom of the screen it says that if i press DELETE i will acess BIOS and if i press TAB i will come to some POST thing. I didn't press anything and after about 10 seconds the windows 7 logo appeared followed by "installing regional blablabla". Then i got a black screen with a white bar down in the right bottom corner with a pulsating light on it. All of a sudden i receive an error "Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration restart computer" I reboot it and the same thing happens again. It is an endless boot cycle. Note, this is the first time i ever turn on the pc.

Does anybody know what the problem is ?

Regards, Nils

Welcome to the forums, Nils. :)

When you reboot your pc as instructed, do you have (it ?) 7 installation DVD in your boot drive ?
You may need to reinstall the system, but before that you should consult your pc vendor.

Nils
Since you just bought it yesterday I'd take it back. Trying a reinstall or much fiddling may void the warranty.
Joe

Ok, yes i think I will bring it back when they're open again after the holidays.
@cybercore. Yes i inserted the disc and repaired an issue starting the pc. Still, same thing after. Well thanks alot for the help!

Back
Top Bottom