Windows 7 Windows 7 issue

dagg

Hello everybody - and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place

My issue is that my connection keeps leaving me. I can just be there on Steam or on YouTube and in the next half-hour, my connection changes to "limited connection".

This issue is really troublesome, I have had it for the longest time now. I even upgraded to W10 in hopes that it will go away, but it didn't. Now I am back at Windows 7 and I can't play/study without losing my connection occasionally.

The connection is wireless, with the router being in the next room. It's a really good router and I have had no issues with my PS4 or my laptop so it can't be that.

My network adapter - Ralink 802.11n Wireless LAN Card

I don't know if it's the device itself, or it's a driver issue, but Windows says the device is "up to date".

The driver date is 11/25/2014

and the driver version is 5.0.52.0

Please help me, somebody... I can't really do this anymore and I am really thinking of going back to Linux Mint if I can't solve this issue.

I'm so desperate enough to even try one of those auto-driver installers...

Please help me...

dagg,

I believe Mediatek now owns Ralink (I could be wrong),
you really need to know what chipset your Ralink device is using, but you should be able to find the latest drivers here:

Downloads - Drivers and Firmware

I downloaded a driver and now it is version 5.0.59.0 with driver date being 7/3/2015

So far so good... I will post back if I encounter the issue, thanks.

Just played some rounds of Counter-Strike and my connection seems steady, even with Sound-cloud open...

Thanks a lot man, I don't know how to repay you but I wish you the best of luck on all your endeavors, you're a life-saver.

thanks again!

-dagg

Back