Windows 7 Windows 7 missing boot option after XP reinstall

Gigaman

Hi.
I have a big problem: I have Windows 7 and XP, I've reinstalled Windows XP and it starts automatically, I cannot choose among XP and 7. How can I restore the Windows 7 boot?

You may have to boot to intall dvd and use disk manager to set the active partition. I doubt XP messe witht the Win 7 boot store. It should still work fine when the active partition points to 7.

Thank you for the answers. My Windows 7 is from MSDN, so it doesn't boot :frown: So I cannot repair it.
What should I do with Disk Manager? Just set the active particion to the Windows 7 partition?

"My Windows 7 is from MSDN, so it doesn't boot "
Is that a fact. I havn't read that before.I have Technet downloads, which I think are the same, and they boot. You have to watch for the option "Press any key..etc.

\"My Windows 7 is from MSDN, so it doesn't boot \"
Is that a fact. I havn't read that before.I have Technet downloads, which I think are the same, and they boot. You have to watch for the option \"Press any key..etc.
I don't know why, but neither my Windows Vista, neither my Vindows XP don't boot. I know how to boot, primary boot is the dvd, but I can only boot with a borrowed Windows.
I've found this:
BCDboot Command-Line Options

Found this too, this is how to restore Windows XP, from under Windows Vista:

bcdedit /create {ntldr} -d "Microsoft Windows XP"
bcdedit /set {ntldr} device partition=C:
bcdedit /set {ntldr} path \ntldr
bcdedit /displayorder {ntldr} -addlast

But I don't know either how to use to work for me

I've succesfully re-get Windows 7 boot,, and found out that my monitor is too weak for Windows 7, in can work 640x480 under 7. But with the Windows XP happened the same: it is gone, 7 is booting directly. How can I get XP boot back?:D

I've succesfully re-get Windows 7 boot,, and found out that my monitor is too weak for Windows 7, in can work 640x480 under 7. But with the Windows XP happened the same: it is gone, 7 is booting directly. How can I get XP boot back?:D

Boot to Windows 7 > Control Panel > System > Other properties > Startup and restore options > select your dfault OS there

or

use iReboot.

What should I do with Disk Manager? Just set the active particion to the Windows 7 partition?

That's what I would do first. Obvioiusly there is nothing you can change in Windows 7 to make your system boot TO windows 7

If it was booting to windows 7 first you wouldn't be trying to fix the problem of booting to XP.

You could have a multi-boot menu to boot to xp FROM 7 ... but if I'm understanding your problem, that's not whats happening.

Boot to Windows 7 > Control Panel > System > Other properties > Startup and restore options > select your dfault OS there

or

use iReboot.
Control Panel - System and Security - System -I've found only this. But my default OS is Windows 7, and it doesn't see XP.
How do I create a multi-boot menu with 7 and XP?

Back
Top Bottom