Windows 7 Windows 7, "Network Cable Unplugged", Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

MoAbdel

I used to be able to connect with a wired connection just fine to my college internet (via an ethernet jack in a box on the wall), but when I try to do so now, I see that the network cable is unplugged according to the network connections list, even though both the connection to my laptop and to the box are firmly in place.

The same cable works fine on a friend's laptop, also running Windows 7, so it probably isn't an issue with the cable. I can connect to the internet wirelessly just fine.

I've tried setting the speed to 100Mbps Full Duplex, and removing my laptop battery for about an hour and restarting my computer, and updating my Realtek drivers to the newest version, and a few other solutions I found on other threads with similar issues.

Still, I'm open to any help I can get, since the fixes for other people didn't seem to work for me (I wouldn't mind trying them again if I was doing them wrong, or something).

Please let me know what other information you need.
Thanks.

I'm currently using version 7.78.1218.2013 of the driver, and can roll it back to 7.21.531.2010, where it still has the same issue. Is there an older driver version I can find and try?
I can't do a system restore because no restore points have been automatically created for some reason.

If drivers do not solve your problem could be a bad network port on the laptop. You could buy or borrow a USB to ethernet and see if that solves the problem. If you buy make sure you get it from a store that will allow you to easily return it if the problem continues.

Back