Windows 7 Windows 7 Network Issue

nudeytuesdays

Hullo,
I'm new here.

I've got an interesting problem, I've never encountered anything like this before. I recently installed the RC 7600 x64 and I run two machines, the other with Windows Server 2003. I use the second machine to map drives to the other machines on the network (ie. the machine with Windows 7) and most of my sensitive datas are on that thing. Whenever I transfer a file to any of the network drives on the Windows Server machine from my Windows 7 machine, the files become corrupt, for instance, a jpeg suddenly has horizontal lines after transferring it over, etc. etc. Anyone ever had anything like this before?

Hullo,
I'm new here.

I've got an interesting problem, I've never encountered anything like this before. I recently installed the RC 7600 x64 and I run two machines, the other with Windows Server 2003. I use the second machine to map drives to the other machines on the network (ie. the machine with Windows 7) and most of my sensitive datas are on that thing. Whenever I transfer a file to any of the network drives on the Windows Server machine from my Windows 7 machine, the files become corrupt, for instance, a jpeg suddenly has horizontal lines after transferring it over, etc. etc. Anyone ever had anything like this before?
I assume you have tried transferring the file back the other way and looked to see if it still had the "problems." With error checking it doesn't make a lot of sense that a simple transfer could corrupt a file. Sounds like something else is going on with the target computer.

Yes, it seems whenever I transfer from the mapped network drive, the data is fine. The problem is more or less noticeable to certain files, perhaps some are more vulnerable. I did a fairly thorough test to confirm this. I got dinkin' around and noticed some items in the options for my ethernet adapter. I tried disabling checksum offloading, figuring it might have some effect on data integrity, but I really am not entirely sure as to what it really does, and I'm too lazy to really look it up at the moment. Maybe I should, since I changed it for ipv4 TCP/UDP to 'disabled'

Magically, replacing the cable seems to have fixed the problem. I'm not sure why I did not think to do this earlier... but still, the cable is fairly new and I take very good care with them. Oh well! Problem is solved. No more file corruption or incomplete files. Thanks for your suggestions/comments, adios

~Seth

Back